Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What is good sleep training book
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:54 am
I am losing it with my 4 month old. she is on absolutely no schedule, eat when she wants, sleep when she wants. She naps like 20 minutes at a time.

Last night she went to sleep at 2am, was up at 5 to eat and up for the day at 8. What baby sleeps 6 hours a night?? Surprised Sad

Desperate to get her on a normal schedule, what is an easy book to follow.

Also she is at the babysitter 9-2, so what do I do about those hours?

emzod42

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 7:40 am
Precious Little Sleep. It covers more than training-- dealing with naps and bedtimes and schedules.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 7:54 am
emzod42 wrote:
Precious Little Sleep. It covers more than training-- dealing with naps and bedtimes and schedules.

This. I think if you work on her schedule first, she'll hopefully become a better sleeper.

momlife

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 8:43 am
Taking cara babies. It’s an online course and a bit pricey, but literally saved my life.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 8:49 am
https://www.chayashifra.com/

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 8:50 am
https://sleepsense.net/

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 8:50 am
https://linktr.ee/babysleepmaven

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:01 am
Can anyone explain the gist of these programs. My baby is bottle fed. and she stays up till at least 12 every night.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:06 am
Up from when until 12?
My baby is 5 months. She falls asleep at 7, is up around 1030 to eat, goes to bed around 11 then sleeps until 4ish, feeds and sleeps again until 7. I'm trying to stretch her 4am to 5am but the 4-6 month stage is hard since babies fall back on sleeping those times and wake more.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:14 am
Up from 8ish. different every night

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Up from 8ish. different every night

That's unusual, usually babies go to sleep 2-3 hours after they get up, but 8 is pretty late. She should be put to bed at 8 or earlier for the night.

What time does she nap during the day?
Mine naps roughly
9:30/45-11:00
1:00-2:15/30
4:00-5:00ish

Is yours napping more during the day?

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can anyone explain the gist of these programs. My baby is bottle fed. and she stays up till at least 12 every night.

Why is she up till 12 every night? Before sleep training, she needs to be put into a proper schedule. If she's up at 8 in the morning, bedtime should be at 8 latest. What's her nap schedule like?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:20 am
She usually naps at the babysitter from around 10-1 and then in the afternoon from 4-6 then she usually sleeps in the evening a little for like half an hours.

I don't she refuses to go to sleep at night for some reason.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She usually naps at the babysitter from around 10-1 and then in the afternoon from 4-6 then she usually sleeps in the evening a little for like half an hours.

Your baby isn't sleeping enough. She may be overtired which makes it harder to go to bed. You need to start feeding her and putting her down earlier. Can you bathe her with some nice oils at 7:00? feed her, rub her back in a very dark room, etc. and see if she gets to bed at 8?

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:27 am
Your poor baby! She needs a better schedule!!! At 4 months she needs 3 naps a day, each 2 hours from wake time. Example. 8am wake time, so nap at 10, 2 and 4 (plus/minus obviously) You need a bedtime routine. Example. Bath, lotion, bottle in a dark room, then bed.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You need to start to try to schedule her naps. If she sleeps from 10-1 at the sitter, her 2nd nap should be from 4-5 latest and bedtime at 8. If she's used to sleeping in the evening for a little here and there, she won't get used to that night time is for sleeping.
If she's not on a feeding schedule, you can try putting her on a feeding schedule as well.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

12 hours by 12 weeks. Worked like a charm. Great for bottle fed

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 10:40 am
Precious Little Sleep
Great for schedules, bedtime routines, nap training and sleep training. You definitely all of this.
At 4 months, my baby was napping every 1.5-2 hours. You don’t wait for them to look tired. You go by the clock. If it’s been 1.5 hours you can attempt a nap. And your baby definitely should not be up more than 3 hours before bedtime!

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 11:30 am
Don’t do 12 hours by 12 weeks. It’s a really terrible method.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
12 hours by 12 weeks. Worked like a charm. Great for bottle fed

It is not human nature for a 12 week old to sleep 12 hours straight. It doesn't seem like OP's baby needs to be sleep trained. The baby needs is to be put into a proper schedule by day and if she isn't sleeping well at night after being on a normal day schedule for a while, she can think about sleep training.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics