Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Has anyone used Rabbi Benstein for evaluation?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:12 pm
I’m trying to figure out if he is the right person
My 7 year old is very impulsive, has a hard time with change, etc.....someone reccomended I see rabbi Benstein and I would like to hear information on him

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:23 pm
I did and would never recommend him. I found him to be unprofessional and pushing his own services.

However, he is very in vogue in yeshivish Lakewood circles and numerous school personnel recommend him.

I recommend getting evaluations by qualified professionals who use evidence-based testing instruments and provide detailed reports that demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses for the skills tested.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 1:41 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I did and would never recommend him. I found him to be unprofessional and pushing his own services.

However, he is very in vogue in yeshivish Lakewood circles and numerous school personnel recommend him.

I recommend getting evaluations by qualified professionals who use evidence-based testing instruments and provide detailed reports that demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses for the skills tested.

Do you have someone else you can reccomend?

oneofakind

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 2:28 pm
In Lakewood, Dr. Tzipora Koslowitz. Near Monsey, Dr. Michael Steinhardt, Brooklyn Dr. Miriam Goldstein.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:06 pm
Rebbi Benstein is super genius. He really gets down to the kids level and is able to see the world through the child's eyes. He has a masters in education. I know specifically he is great with children on the spectrum.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 5:04 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Rebbi Benstein is super genius. He really gets down to the kids level and is able to see the world through the child's eyes. He has a masters in education. I know specifically he is great with children on the spectrum.

Thank you!

mommy2x

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 4:00 pm
I used him for my 2 year old at the time and he was great. Didn't push his agenda at all in my opinion. Told us which route he felt would be best for us to take and gave us names of therapists who can be helpful.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 5:54 pm
How much does he charge for an evaluation

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 5:58 pm
mommy2x wrote:
I used him for my 2 year old at the time and he was great. Didn't push his agenda at all in my opinion. Told us which route he felt would be best for us to take and gave us names of therapists who can be helpful.

That’s great! Thank you so much for this helpful info!

oneofakind

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 6:01 pm
He is a floor time therapist. He will point out issues and give you directions. He will not diagnose.

mommy2x

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 6:11 pm
oneofakind wrote:
He is a floor time therapist. He will point out issues and give you directions. He will not diagnose.

Exactly. He gave us direction which is what we needed and names of people who would be able to help our child in the way he recommended. He spent a lot of time with both us and our child during the evaluation. He also gave us the name of someone if we wanted an official diagnosis.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:50 pm

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:17 pm
I am an SLP and have been in practice close to 20 years. Rabbi Benstein has a Masters in education and high level training in Floortime. He was also the preschool director of an integrated preschool in Lakewood, NJ. I believe he is excellent. I have collaborated with him many times over the years to treat our shared clients. He is one of the most honest evaluators I have ever seen. He is compassionate and encouraging. I never found him to push his services on parents at all.
He has an excellent ability to analyze a child's overall well-being and functioning and to guide parents in which therapy they should pursue for the most glaring issues.
I have nothing but the highest regard for him. He has literally saved kids.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:33 pm
I think he is currently evaluating clients through Encore Support Services in Lakewood. They accept insurance. He is an outstanding clinician.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:10 pm
Thank you all so much for the reviews and feedback.
We finally finally got some answers on my sons behaviors! Rabbi Benstein is unbelievable, so gifted in his field, so smart and really understands kids. He really helped guide us to who we should see and what the next step is, and is so open to communication and follow up.

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Dec 19 2023, 7:34 am
Bumping this up. Anyone know what he charges for an eval these days?

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 7:11 pm
400 as of 2 years ago. I'd assume it's still in that range.( we have a weekly session with him since then and he is great!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries