Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Does this exist

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:49 am
I've been doing exercise videos on my phone and its very annoying because the screen is tiny and it is difficult to follow along. (I have iPhone SE, its small.)

Is there sucha thing as a screen extender? Not sure if it makes any sense?
I know that for a computer, for example, you can hook up an additional monitor; does any similar thing exist for a smartphone?

Short of buying a new phone or tablet, any other ideas?

(Also, is there any kind of remote control that connect to my phone that I can press to pause the video in the middle? When I am all hot and sweaty I find it difficult to find the press the pause button on the screen.)

singleagain

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 7:58 am
Yes. This type of thing exists if nothing else you can get a small pocket-sized projector and you can probably control it with voice I just got slammed at work but I'll be more than happy to try and help you find it later

cbsp

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:25 am
When my galaxy phone screen broke I was able to hook it up to a multi device adapter that allows me to connect a monitor via an hdmi cable as well as a mouse and possibly a keyboard. (it wasn't a long term fix, obviously, but I was able to fully interact to get off my data, etc)

Having written all that, search for "cast phone screen to laptop" or something similar - there may be a way to do it without any extra equipment

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:33 am
cbsp wrote:
When my galaxy phone screen broke I was able to hook it up to a multi device adapter that allows me to connect a monitor via an hdmi cable as well as a mouse and possibly a keyboard. (it wasn't a long term fix, obviously, but I was able to fully interact to get off my data, etc)

Having written all that, search for "cast phone screen to laptop" or something similar - there may be a way to do it without any extra equipment

Thanks sounds cool. I don't have a laptop, my desktop is in baby's room and I exercise when she sleeping.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:36 am
There are a few options. If you have a TV screen with Roku (I do), I have an app that allows me to mirror my phone onto the screen.

You should also look into Apple TV since you said you have an iphone. You can mirror onto the app if you want to use your computer monitor.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:43 am
watergirl wrote:
There are a few options. If you have a TV screen with Roku (I do), I have an app that allows me to mirror my phone onto the screen.

You should also look into Apple TV since you said you have an iphone. You can mirror onto the app if you want to use your computer monitor.

No TV, and my computer monitor is in baby's room at night.

I was imagining that I would buy some sort of screen (like blank iPad kind of thing?), but I don't know where to begin looking.

cbsp

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I was imagining that I would buy some sort of screen (like blank iPad kind of thing?), but I don't know where to begin looking.

In that case why not just get a larger device that's wifi enabled that could play the videos directly on there so you don't have to pay for another data line? Might end up being cheaper...

Frumme

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What about a Google Home? You can cast YouTube videos onto it

nicole81

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:03 am
Another vote for a Google home device. You can play videos on there, and you can also screen cast your phone display. And they're super useful for other things too

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:11 am
Thanks what kind of google home are there different types?

nicole81

Post Thu, Jul 15 2021, 10:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks what kind of google home are there different types?

You'll want to take a look at the regular nest hub or nest hub max.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:59 am
nicole81 wrote:
You'll want to take a look at the regular nest hub or nest hub max.

Thank you this looks perfect! .

Do you know how exactly it works?

nicole81

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you this looks perfect! .

Do you know how exactly it works?

Yes, I have a whole Google network in my house😁 Basically the device needs to be connected to your wifi and you need to download the Google home app on your phone to manage it.

You can use the display on its own to play videos from the web (like from YouTube) and basically anything you would use Google for ie it can bring up recipes you ask for, answer questions like "what's the weather tomorrow?" , check your email if you connect it, display your photos if you use Google photos, give directions, play music, etc. It can also make calls through your wifi. You can control the internet and security settings through the app on your phone, and set it to only respond to your voice if you want.

If you have specific videos from your phone that you can't pull up online, you can screen cast your phone onto the display. It works through Bluetooth to connect.

You can also connect it to other streaming accounts like Hulu, Netflix, etc.

The max display has a camera and can be used for video calls and as a security camera/baby monitor/ nanny cam. And it has a louder speaker by far. But it's a much bigger investment.

If you have other smart devices, you can also use the Google to control it (I have lights in some rooms and a robot mop connected to it).

So basically it can be used just to screen cast or play videos, but also a whole lot more if you'd like.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics