Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What is good sleep training book
Previous  1  2

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 2:38 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
It is not human nature for a 12 week old to sleep 12 hours straight. It doesn't seem like OP's baby needs to be sleep trained. The baby needs is to be put into a proper schedule by day and if she isn't sleeping well at night after being on a normal day schedule for a while, she can think about sleep training.

There's this book that's called 12 hours by 12 weeks. It was highly recommended from twin moms. Worked for my twins since they were 12-14 weeks. Its increasing feedings to 6 oz bottles every 4 hours. 4 feedings daily. Morn nap 2-3 hours afternoon nap 1 hour. Its a very easy to read book.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
There's this book that's called 12 hours by 12 weeks. It was highly recommended from twin moms. Worked for my twins since they were 12-14 weeks. Its increasing feedings to 6 oz bottles every 4 hours. 4 feedings daily. Morn nap 2-3 hours afternoon nap 1 hour. Its a very easy to read book.

Sorry. This isn’t natural and healthy for babies.
Babies do best when demand fed , not just fed at 4 intervals throughout the day and forced to stay in a crib for 12 hours straight. Really not convenient for babies but unfortunately convenient for moms....

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:13 pm

Just because there's a book about it, it doesn't make it fine or ok, even if it "works." It's not human nature for 12 week old babies to sleep 12 hours straight and we shouldn't be forcing and training babies to go against human nature. A 12 week old baby eating every 4 hours only during the day, which is 3-4 feedings in 24 hours, also isn't human nature and a normal thing to do to a baby. Why would a mother feed her baby only 4 times in 24 hours? This isn't the natural baby nature. Babies aren't "pets" that we get to train to make our lives easier.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 3:26 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Sorry. This isn’t natural and healthy for babies.
Babies do best when demand fed , not just fed at 4 intervals throughout the day and forced to stay in a crib for 12 hours straight. Really not convenient for babies but unfortunately convenient for moms....

Sorry that this method is rubbing u the wrong way. Nobody forces anything. Its done in a very natural routine. Scheduled babies are NOT fed on demand. Thats y they're called scheduled. Its tough in the beginning, done with lots of patience . once the kid gets used to eating a little more per feeding they don't need to eat so often. And since theyre fully fed during the day they are satisfied at night and naturally sleep thru.

Op do whatever research u want. This is a very cheap and easy book to read and with a bottle fed baby its not so terribly hard to implement. It does take discipline from the mother but its all worth it. At the end of the day your gonna be happy and your child even happier.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Jul 17 2021, 10:29 pm
Sorry that this method is rubbing u the wrong way. Nobody forces anything. Its done in a very natural routine. Scheduled babies are NOT fed on demand. Thats y they're called scheduled. Its tough in the beginning, done with lots of patience . once the kid gets used to eating a little more per feeding they don't need to eat so often. And since theyre fully fed during the day they are satisfied at night and naturally sleep thru.

Op do whatever research u want. This is a very cheap and easy book to read and with a bottle fed baby its not so terribly hard to implement. It does take discipline from the mother but its all worth it. At the end of the day your gonna be happy and your child even happier.

All the current research shows that demand feeding babies is best and is the current recommendation from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the CDC. This method that you are referring to is really subpar for the babies and really is just about making life more convenient for mom.
This book should be banned from being sold. So many naive moms think it’s wonderful and the poor babies suffer.

amother
Camellia

Post Sat, Jul 17 2021, 11:58 pm
I highly recommend heaven sent sleep. She has a few options at different price points, including one on one coaching which is what I chose. My baby was also on no schedule and it was a mess. She helped me get him on a great schedule and she works with your specific needs and preferences (can still be “sleep trained” and wake up for feedings if that’s what you want to do). The process involved very limited crying.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:01 am
Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Mark Weissbluth. Lots of great tips and tricks!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics