Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Strange thing happened with caffeine suppository
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:28 pm
I used a slow release caffeine pill. BH fast going great. I'm not even a big coffee drinker.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:31 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I used a slow release caffeine pill. BH fast going great. I'm not even a big coffee drinker.

Oh... it comes in a pill?
I didn’t know!
That sounds a lot more appetizing if you know what I mean...

ladYdI

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:49 pm
Excepting suppositories have been used in my families for years! Won’t even think of fasting without it. It’s also good to use if your very nauseas or can’t take food by mouth. Some ppl who can benefit are ppl who get nauseas together with their migraine headache, or post oral surgery or if they had Weight loss surgery.

ladYdI

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
this is too funny for Tisha baav

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:53 pm
Yup I discovered them about two years ago. Makes the fast so so much easier.
Highly recommend to anyone who never tried

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:54 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

Took NoDoz caffeine pills twice today (1/2 caplet each time) and feeling fine. I drink 2 cups of coffee most days.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:42 pm
My4Jewels wrote:
Does it make your heart race? I once took an excederin and had my heart racing till it wore off .. it was terrible!!
I don’t drink coffee but take Excedrin for bad headaches. When I take Excedrin I get a real rush of adrenaline and sometimes notice my anxiety levels rising. I think some people are more sensitive to caffeine, check how much is in the suppository.
Caffeine also moves the bowels.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:43 pm
Lol. I weaned off coffee last week. Was a piece of misery for all of that time. And still fasted awfully horrid. Never again.

Will try suppositories next time.
What should I look for? Are there different types? With Tylenol or Advil? Manafactured by a reputable company?

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:44 pm
My4Jewels wrote:
Does it make your heart race? I once took an excederin and had my heart racing till it wore off .. it was terrible!!

I drink a lot of (sugar free) Gatorade or Powerade the day before a fast and bH feel great,

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:53 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Wow, this sounds really good. I suffer from bad headaches which, I"m assuming are from a combination of dehydration and caffeine withdrawal. I love coffee and have about 2-3 cups a day.

Please don't tell me to slowly wean myself off coffee before a fast. I'd rather only suffer one day (the fast day) than several days without /or with less coffee.
Anyhow, I'm sorry if this question is TMI, but I'd imagine these suppositories would make someone have to GO!!! Is that the case? Because then I'm not sure I'd want to take them.

My husband uses it yk and tishah bav and he has no problem. One year I had a bad headache and tried one and I had terrible diarrhea from it. Made the fast much worse.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:59 pm
These are crucial for me. I do personally get some gastrointestinal ... issues when using one. It does act like a suppository for me! But it’s totally worth it to combat the migraine and shakiness. Total game changer!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:34 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Lol. I weaned off coffee last week. Was a piece of misery for all of that time. And still fasted awfully horrid. Never again.

Will try suppositories next time.
What should I look for? Are there different types? With Tylenol or Advil? Manafactured by a reputable company?

I get mine in Refuah pharmacy in Lakewood. The pharmacist makes them. They stay refrigerated and are kept behind the counter - you need to ask.
There’s Tylenol, caffeine and one with a combination of the two.
I buy the combination one it costs $3.
No effects from the suppository aspect, just become a new person after taking.

sky

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:38 pm
Pure Tylenol you can buy otc packaged.

Caffeine only or caffeine with Tylenol is normally made in local pharmacies specific for fasts.

Gives me no stomach issues. Or heart or anxiety issues. But can’t say what others experience.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh... it comes in a pill?
I didn’t know!
That sounds a lot more appetizing if you know what I mean...

Yup. It worked amazingly!

crystal

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:19 pm
I had the same experience using the caffeine suppository today for the first time. I didn't get into bed at all, no headache, had plenty of energy BH. Total new experience BH!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:49 am
I take the time release caffeine and time release Advil/Tylenol (depending on if I'm pregnant or nursing-tylenol, or not-advil)
I always think I should take just the time release caffeine, but I'm not sure if it helps only with the advil or not. So each fast I say I will take only one, and see if the other helps, but then I chicken out and take both. Bh fast great with taking both, but horribly without.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:19 pm
Yes, the caffeine suppositories give you a lot of energy on a fast day, even if you're not a regular coffee drinker.

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:48 am
Anyone ever try the suppositories for menstrual cramps? Does it help?

smss

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:53 am
Yup! Caffeine not only helps you avoid caffeine withdrawal headaches but also can treat headaches and even migraines in general. I used to love it for that purpose but I can't tolerate it anymore, makes me super anxious and jittery...

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:20 pm
Does it make you pee more, do you feel dehydrated when taking the caffeine suppository?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note