Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Hate not taking a shower motzeish 9 bAv or brush teeth am
Previous  1  2

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:05 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Yep. It's really hot, and really humid. I feel like I'm covered in a thin layer of glue, and my breath is GROSS. I also want a fresh change of clothes, and I need to wash my linens.

It's OK to know that on one hand galus is horrible and we should daven daily for Moshiach and the restoration of the Temple soon and in our days.

That doesn't mean that we're not allowed to complain a little bit about being uncomfortable. A person can have several emotions going on at once.

This. Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:12 pm
Why are people saying more than 48 hours. Aren't you taking a shower post fast?

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That would be more than 48 hrs since the Friday shower.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:14 pm
I believe you are supposed to wait till chatzos the next day to do laundry, cut hair, shower regularly, listen to music.
Other restrictions end as soon as the fast does.
When the fast is on Thursday though you don't need to wait because of shabbos prep.
This is is because in actuality the Bais Hamikdosh was burned on the 10th not the 9th of Av.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:19 pm
This is literally ridiculous. You realize we don't have a bais hamikdash and are in galus because of this day? This is terribly sad? Who can think about showering. Or about anything other then how sad it is thst what we did as yidden was so bad Hashem still has to punish us by not redeeming us.

I understand it's hard for you. Just maybe changing your perspective will help with that.

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
This is literally ridiculous. You realize we don't have a bais hamikdash and are in galus because of this day? This is terribly sad? Who can think about showering. Or about anything other then how sad it is thst what we did as yidden was so bad Hashem still has to punish us by not redeeming us.

I understand it's hard for you. Just maybe changing your perspective will help with that.

I don't think many of us regular folk todays days are on the level of really understanding and mourning the bais hamikdash on such a level that it's all we can think about and be terribly sad about all day. We can't fully comprehend what we're mourning.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:27 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
I don't think many of us regular folk todays days are on the level of really understanding and mourning the bais hamikdash on such a level that it's all we can think about and be terribly sad about all day. We can't fully comprehend what we're mourning.

At least try. All tzaros that we have had over the years is because we are in golus. Our grandparents were packed into cattle cars,their children and siblings and families gassed. Sickness, murder, so many things. Try to think about that.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:27 pm

True.
But I think we can think back to, say, the Holocaust. As grimy and uncomfortable as we feel for a day or two, it doesn't begin to come close to what they endured for years. Just talking from the hygiene POV not even addressing the rest of what they had to deal with.
I don't think this is a sanctimonious statement either just something to put the discomfort of the day into perspective. And help to make what we are mourning a little more real to us.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We wait until midday ten av. Not sure if that’s a minhag or Halacha.

hardworking mom

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:33 pm
[quote="amother [ Charcoal ]"]I don't think many of us regular folk todays days are on the level of really understanding and mourning the bais hamikdash on such a level that it's all we can think about and be terribly sad about all day. We can't fully comprehend what we're mourning.[/quote
That's why were mourning by restricting ourselves yes its hard to be sad all day that's why we don't eat feeding the kids food looks so good I'm hungry too bad we don't have a beis hamikdash hot and dirty bad breath no clean clothes oh right reminder we don't have a beis hamikdash

hardworking mom

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:36 pm
Also If you need help morning read the comments in the tishaBav videos real anti semitic comments

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:37 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
At least try. All tzaros that we have had over the years is because we are in golus. Our grandparents were packed into cattle cars,their children and siblings and families gassed. Sickness, murder, so many things. Try to think about that.

We try, but don't call anyone ridiculous for complaining. We're human.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:53 pm
a few weeks ago I took my baby who just turned two to the park he's very social and the park was empty except for two other kids he wanted to play with them but their mother who I knew didn't want her kids playing with my son chasVshalom so she took her kids to a different part of the park my son followed them and she took them back it was hysterical a 24 month old tiny kid chasing an adult around the place but yeah that's why you can't take a shower today

amother
Charcoal

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:56 pm
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
a few weeks ago I took my baby who just turned two to the park he's very social and the park was empty except for two other kids he wanted to play with them but their mother who I knew didn't want her kids playing with my son chasVshalom so she took her kids to a different part of the park my son followed them and she took them back it was hysterical a 24 month old tiny kid chasing an adult around the place but yeah that's why you can't take a shower today

I'm sure she had a reason for doing so. Maybe her kids had a cold? Or maybe she knows that her kids might hurt your child?

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 2:00 pm
I'm sure she had a reason for doing so. Maybe her kids had a cold? Or maybe she knows that her kids might hurt your child?

No I know her we went to school together she was one of the popular snobs and unfortunately never grew up

Shoshie

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 2:13 pm
Many Sefardim hold differently on showering/bathing than Ashkenazim. Rav Ovadya Yosef allowed Sefardim to shower, do laundry, and get haircuts immediately after Tisha b'Av. Other Sephardi poskim were more stringent. But Rav Yosef did not permit eating meat or drinking wine until sunset on the 10th of Av.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days