Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Feeling the churban

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 2:59 pm
I heard eichah and kinos and shiurim but I can't say I really FEEL the churban. Do you? If so how

amother
Anemone

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:00 pm
I don't think it's possible for us to feel the churban.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:28 pm
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
I don't think it's possible for us to feel the churban.

Thank you for saying that. I have been feeling like I am the only one.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:36 pm
There must be some unfortunate situation in your life (everyone has something). Think of how because of the churban that situation exists. Think how happy you would be if the situation suddenly got cured or went away. It's ok to feel the churban on your own personal level. Or, if you could relate better to this, think of some unfortunate situation in the world that really made you feel sad. Because of the churban that situation exists. Think how happy you would be if it suddenly reversed itself. All the bad stuff in each person's life and in the world is because of the churban. I hope I don't sound overly pious or sanctimonious or whatever. If I do, please forgive me. It's just a method that can work, maybe.

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:13 pm
You can’t possibly. But you can imagine how different life would have been had the spies done what they were supposed to do instead of slandering the Land and sowing terror in the hearts of the Jewish people. They would all have gone straight to the Promised Land, conquered it swiftly, and built a Temple that would have endured forever at the center of an uninterrupted and unassailable Jewish Commonwealth with the Torah as its constitution.

No Lost Ten Tribes. No Greek and Roman conquest. No Aseret Harugei haMalchut. No Crusades. No Inquisition. No Chmielnicki massacres. No Holocaust. No Intifada. If that doesn’t make you mourn, nothing will.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note