Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Have such a hard time with decision making!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:57 pm
So we’re Bh Bh building a new house. We’re on a very tight budget and very new to this scene. I haven’t been to any new houses since forever and living in the same rental since we got married almost two decades ago. My parents still live in an old two bedroom apartment. I’m so not in the know of how to tie things together, styles etc. we needed to choose tiles. At first we wanted a tiny budget so we went several times to the store but didn’t like anything they showed us for the entryway and kitchen. Finally by the fifth time, we decided to up our budget and saw stuff we like. But we were very pressured to finalize at that moment because the builder needs the tiles already. So we chose one and paid for it. Since then I keep going back and forth in my mind if it’s pretty or not. If it’s worth the money we spent above the budget etc. I keep thinking if I’d had more time, maybe for this price I could’ve had more choices, found something I love more etc. It’s driving me crazy! How do you make decisions on stuff when you’re new to this whole world of decorating etc and can’t afford a professional to help?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:00 pm
Bump

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:12 pm
Look around and take note of any decor you like and why? Do you you like lighter/airier design or darker colors, modern vs traditional....
If you dont have exposure to new houses you can get ideas from literally anywhere. Look at how cafes restaurants, boutique shops are done when you see something you like you can figure out how to apply it to your house.
You can look online for ideas also

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 3:32 pm
I’ve been on Instagram non stop looking at designers pages for inspiration. A lot of them are very unique and you need to know how to pull it off. Also pictures aren’t the same as irl. If I like a tile for example it’s not the same as when I see it on the picture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating