Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How big of a job is wardrobing your family?
Previous  1  2  3  4

Getting clothes for children next season...
Is something I think about a few days a season, when I go to stores. Then done.  
 36%  [ 76 ]
Is something I think about for a few weeks each season, and then again briefly at clearance time.  
 43%  [ 90 ]
Is something I think about regularly because it's on instagram, but it doesn't occupy much mental space.  
 6%  [ 13 ]
Is something I think about on a regular basis most weeks, like a hobby.  
 14%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 209

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:52 am
tp3 wrote:
How do they switch clothing for seasons if you aren't buying new clothing for them? I thought maybe you meant you have clothing that works for both seasons, but I guess not that either.

Some things fit for >1 winter (or >1 summer). Get it?

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 3:15 am
tp3 wrote:
So boys wear long sleeve/pants in the summer or short sleeve/pants in the winter?
How does that work?
Kids summer clothing are thin and cotton while winter clothing is more of a thick knit, heavier materials. Light colors don't work for winter and dark clothing doesn't work in summer.
So how are kids not switching clothing at least twice a year?

This colors thing is not exactly halacha.

Kids can wear a summer t shirt with a zipped hoody on top in winter

Chino pants are fine for a colder summer day and a warmer winter day

etc.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:36 am
I have 6 girls, many of whom cannot hand down because of body type. Also there’s a boy in the middle, so he gets in the way of orderly handme downs. Getting clothes that actually fit and cover knees, while not looking like a bag is a huge undertaking and is rarely done at one or two stores. Oh also I’m making a bar mitzvah yom tov time. I’m already stressed.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 7:21 am
I love shopping, it’s definitely a hobby, and I’m always looking at new styles. However I don’t think it’s ideal. I think materialism should not be something we strive for - I’m talking to myself more than anyone. I found it interesting that a lot of the threads discussing the show that shall not be named (sorry it’s just overdone at this point), mentioned how into fashion the frum community is as if it’s something to be proud of. Like I said, I’m guiltier of this than many, but I believe it’s a flaw on my part. (There’s certainly a healthy medium. I’m referring to the obsession that so many of us have.)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics