Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
11 Month old does NOT sleep in Crib
Previous  1  2

IndyMom

Post Mon, Mar 21 2005, 3:55 pm
Raizy, I tell my son he gets a special treat if he sleeps in his bed until it is light out. he is 3 and cannot tell time yet, so I can't say until 8 which is what I would like, so in the winter its later, adn in the summer it will be earlier - but at least he makes an attempt to stay in his bed. Sometimes, if I am up to it, I'll move him back, and when he starts to cry I'll remind him about his treat. He doesnt ACTUALLY get the treat everyday - only when he reminds me. Actually, I haven't given him a morning treat in quite a few weeks already, but in the beginning he would get one everymorining that he did it. OF course the treat was AFTER he finished breakfast. Good luck.

RedVines

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 11:47 am
Well heres an update...I have been putting her down around 8:30/9 p.m sleepy and full. she cries but she does go to sleep... but I just cant get around the middle of the night feedings. She is almost 1 I really think she should be sleeping longer then 2 a.m. Should I just ignore her crying in the middle of the night? She eats throughout the day. So I think it is just for comfort. Hey, it's comfort for me too I just really feel like it's time for her to sleep longer.

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 11:56 am
Well now organized me who always seems to have the answers to everything..Has ka"h my twins waking up at night who want to play, daughter wants me to lye w/h her etc!

Prob is I can't leave their light on since my 3 yr old will wake up as she sleeps together w/h them. Plus my 3 yr old been waking up unlike b/4 in the middle of the night even when twins are sound asleep and wants me to lye w/h her on her bed... her royal majesty! Rolling Eyes

And being soo tired anyway I don't even argue, and what point would it be she would then wake up the whole house.
I could put her into another empty bedroom in our house theoretically, but have this issue since we had a tradgedy there 4 yrs ago, I don't feel comfortable anyone sleeping there now. Sad
So what do all you wise people think I should do What

shoy18

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 12:02 pm
delted

Last edited by shoy18 on Wed, Aug 10 2005, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 12:12 pm
LOL LOL
Reminds me when I taught my daughter we say shema when we go to sleep. So even when she'd go for a nap she would want me to say Shema w/h her the whole thing incl actions etc.
At one stage I told her we only say it when it's dark outside, wonder what I'll do when it b/comes summer here Confused

AweSumThenSum

Post Tue, Mar 22 2005, 12:16 pm
how about putting s/t that smells like u into her crib when she wakes up? I've heard that it works for children who are not really hungry but are fussy about going back to sleep. hey!! maybe I should try that for myself too!!

baby's mom

Post Sun, Jul 03 2005, 1:32 am
try the book "the no cry to sleep solution" by elizabeth pantely

MOM222

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 7:53 am
yehudis wrote:

And what is wrong with an 11-month-old sleeping in your bed? She'll grow out of it eventually. And you'll get much more sleep if you just let her sleep with you than if you keep fighting with her.

I know I'm a bit late with this one,
but my 2 1/2 year old almost 3 year old sleeps in my bed from 2 in the morning. I'm still waiting for her to grow out of it. And like yehudis says I get more sleep that way then fighting with her.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics