Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
I LOVE animals but dh HATES them

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:34 am
My dream is to get a pet. I go crazy over animals and I wish to keep some sort of living being besides for human in my home. But as much as I love animals my husband hates them and doesn’t allow me to get one. I’m so upset, how can I get a pet? I feel kinda silly asking this, but I’m really sad about it.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:36 am
Possible compromise: volunteer at a local pet shelter once a week? They always need people to help out

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:41 am
Yeah it’s definitely a plan but nothings like keeping one home.. I guess I should take what I can get and make peace with it

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:43 am
Please forget about it.Believe me,it's really not nice for your dh...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:47 am
What do you mean it’s not nice for my dh? Like, if he hates them it’s unfair to get one?

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:48 am
My dh also doesn’t like animals but when my kids got older and begged and begged and he said they would benefit we got a dog. And he’s ok with it. You mever know what life will bring

yamz

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:50 am
Do you love all types of animals, or are you dreaming of something warm blooded and furry that you can cuddle? I don’t think you’ll have much luck getting your husband to agree to a cat/dog/rabbit, but what about something that is less “in your face?” Something that lives in a cage, doesn’t smell, and isn’t noisy. (So no birds which can be both messy and noisy.) Perhaps a turtle or iguana? (But you have to be comfortable with the whole possibility of salmonella thing.) I don’t know too much about them, but what about hamsters or gerbils? If you keep the pet’s cage somewhere away from your main living area, where your husband doesn’t have to see it, and you take total responsibility for the pet, maybe it could work.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:53 am
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
My dh also doesn’t like animals but when my kids got older and begged and begged and he said they would benefit we got a dog. And he’s ok with it. You mever know what life will bring

Oh this gives me hope. My son loves animals too but he’s still too young to drive daddy crazy.. so maybe one day. I certainly hope so

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:55 am
yamz wrote:
Do you love all types of animals, or are you dreaming of something warm blooded and furry that you can cuddle? I don’t think you’ll have much luck getting your husband to agree to a cat/dog/rabbit, but what about something that is less “in your face?” Something that lives in a cage, doesn’t smell, and isn’t noisy. (So no birds which can be both messy and noisy.) Perhaps a turtle or iguana? (But you have to be comfortable with the whole possibility of salmonella thing.) I don’t know too much about them, but what about hamsters or gerbils? If you keep the pet’s cage somewhere away from your main living area, where your husband doesn’t have to see it, and you take total responsibility for the pet, maybe it could work.

Yes I dream of a warm furry dog or cat, but I don’t think dh will ever agree. Other animals are good too but dh is like “ew animals are disgusting”. But maybe a turtle, I hope so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets