Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Did any of you know Julia Haart?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:10 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I didnt watch the show and im not sure if I want to but I saw pictures on her instagram page and her son is wearing yarmulka and tzitzis and looks like he also wears a black hat. Whats the story with that? If she went OTD why didnt she go all the way?
Does she keep shabbos/kosher?
She remarried to a non jew thats really OTD already!!

She is completely OTD her ex is frum. Her youngest son wants to stay religious even though she tries to make him OTD.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:19 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
There is obviously more to the story that we are not being told.

Didn’t the producers realize it’s the interesting part? Do you think it was left out on purpose, or just because for general audiences it’s the ex-frum part that’s most interesting?
ETA Just saw that there’s a NYT article where she explains more. Can someone please link it?

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:20 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Her husband owns la perla. I think she was in a very unhappy marriage. When you see her ex on the show you can see it. He is an amazing kind person but not for her. If she was happily married she could have had a career while being frum. I think it’s very sad because we have the Tora and the truth. She left to live the empty life of the business of fashion and superficial looks only. She keeps saying that the Tora is not the truth. Even her youngest son sees that her life is not the truth. Maybe she wants to feel better about her leaving by spreading lies about the community. It’s all a sad sad show. She ruined her kids lives.

I agree with the rest by why do you think she ruined her kids lives?

trixx

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:27 pm
There's one line where she makes sure to tell the new husband that she only met him 2 years later. And that she hated him at first. And I'm like hmm. So somehow he had a wife and kids and left them to marry you and then you suddenly rose to the top? I have questions.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:33 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
Seems like Julias biggest problem was her loveless marriage and dismal relations life.

She doesn’t seem to be any more in love with her current husband. It’s obvious to everyone who watches that she married him only for his money. I don’t think this narcissistic women knows what love is.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 12:54 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
She doesn’t seem to be any more in love with her current husband. It’s obvious to everyone who watches that she married him only for his money. I don’t think this narcissistic women knows what love is.

Agree. She manipulates him, is so fake and so self absorbed even while she’s with him. This marriage might crash one day as well.

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:28 pm
I just tried to engage someone who is OTD on FB (whom I know) about her post validating this series. I pointed out the inconsistencies that this series doesn't reflect the Litvish Monsey world (where it might reflect the Chassidish world) and that I'm a proud Frum, even Chassidish woman who has a Master's degree and a career.

She deleted my response (which was very respectful I should note).

She doesn't want to hear my side. This is all a dialogue pushing their agenda. It's pathetic. And it's scary. I messaged her pointing out the hypocrisy of her deleting my post. In a respectful way.

Sad, sad, sad.

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:42 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Agree. She manipulates him, is so fake and so self absorbed even while she’s with him. This marriage might crash one day as well.

I love that he walked out on her when she showed up late for their date. I do feel sorry for him bc he is manipulated by her just like everyone else in her life is manipulated by her as well. And I think Aron will eventually cave to her pressure especially if he will want to have the "good" life and have her pay for everything just like she pays for everything for her other kids (and controls them with her money).

And for those asking, Julia plans on releasing a memoir which may be why she is vague about things in the show. Lets hope that we get true answers in the memoir as to how she was able to become so successful really quickly after being an ordinary housewife her entire life.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
I agree with the rest by why do you think she ruined her kids lives?

Because her children are becoming secular and getting involved with all the garbage. Her older dd doesn’t want children till later and trying to be a big business women and her marriage looks shaky because her husband feels useless. Her younger dd is getting into zex with random guys and girls. Her older ds is slowly getting to date non Jews and becoming involved in all the smootz. Her youngest ds is completely humiliated on the show and pushed to talk to girls and being lied to. With all the std and crazy lifestyle it’s a disaster and they are starting down the slippery slope. It’s a total mess and she is controlling them like puppets. It’s a sick situation. Very sad for the children. They left a wholesome beautiful meaningful life.Julia left at an older age and she didn’t get the crazy of today’s young generation lifestyle of zex drugs and std. her ex is being degraded by her because she is has such a powerful personality and powerful and rich and Controls the entire family including him.

Mevater

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Because her children are becoming secular and getting involved with all the garbage. Her older dd doesn’t want children till later and trying to be a big business women and her marriage looks shaky because her husband feels useless. Her younger dd is getting into zex with random guys and girls. Her older ds is slowly getting to date non Jews and becoming involved in all the smootz. Her youngest ds is completely humiliated on the show and pushed to talk to girls and being lied to. With all the std and crazy lifestyle it’s a disaster and they are starting down the slippery slope. It’s a total mess and she is controlling them like puppets. It’s a sick situation. Very sad for the children. They left a wholesome beautiful meaningful life.Julia left at an older age and she didn’t get the crazy of today’s young generation lifestyle of zex drugs and std. her ex is being degraded by her because she is has such a powerful personality and powerful and rich and Controls the entire family including him.

Even if all the above were the general population's definition of the perfect life (and thats not the case), why isnt she letting her children choose for themselves, and constantly belittling them for wanting religion in their lives?

She has a religion of her own- "dontmesswithmemylifeistheperfectlifeforeveyone-ism"

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:14 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I was in BYM between 92 and 96, so I missed her. Did she have any younger sisters in BYM?

She was on only child until she was 8yrs old, born in the soviet union. Once her parents became religious, they had several more children. This is I believe a big part of her makeup, contributing to her resentment. Not blaming them, they are wonderful people.

amother
Watermelon

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 4:18 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
She was on only child until she was 8yrs old, born in the soviet union. Once her parents became religious, they had several more children. This is I believe a big part of her makeup, contributing to her resentment. Not blaming them, they are wonderful people.

Just trying to understand, what do you think is her bottom line issue…. being an only child till 8? her parents becoming religious ? her parents having more kids after her ?

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 4:44 pm
amother [ Watermelon ] wrote:
Just trying to understand, what do you think is her bottom line issue…. being an only child till 8? her parents becoming religious ? her parents having more kids after her ?

My father knew the family quite well back then, as he was a Russian Baal Teshuva and they would have events at their home for people like him. I don’t want to get into details, but he said that they were a very nice family, but there were a lot of issues and difficult circumstances and he was not surprised at all to hear that she talks about having an unhappy life.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:29 am
Yes, I’m the same age as her. I remember Julia (later known as Talia) as smart, always dressed well, and a very talented dancer and actress. Obviously I can’t speak to her exact life, home, upbringing, marriage etc. I can confidently say that the community/school/camp she and I lived in and attended were definitely not “fundamentalist” . Btw there are countless happy, self-fulfilled, accomplished frum women from our age group who grew up in the same community and attended the same schools and camp as she and I did. I am sad for her that she was not happy , and sad for orthodox women who are being tarred by the ugly broad brushstrokes of this show.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:22 pm
The best thing y'all can do is stop talking about Ms. Haart. Don't feed the troll. That's precisely what she wants you to do. In the world she's chosen, any attention is good for business, even, or maybe especially, if it's negative attention.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I was in BYM between 92 and 96, so I missed her. Did she have any younger sisters in BYM?

So we probably know each other. I graduated in '94. And had a younger sister in your grade. And younger sisters past that who were with her younger sisters.

I remember Talia, she was "around". I remember her showing up to events I was at. My impression of her was that she was with-it, talented, and super-cool. I even knew she was born in Russia and came here as a young child, and I have no recollection how I knew it. I once shmoozed with her though I'm quite a few years younger than she. Maybe she told me herself.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:35 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I went to Bais Kaila in Lakewood about 25 years ago. Teachers told us straight out that going to Touro college is ASSUR. I am one of very few college graduates in my graduating class and I have a pretty typical frum career (I have a masters and make a lot of money per hour BH). We were not encouraged or guided to pursue a career at all. We were told crazy things. But guess what? I realized we had some crazy teachers. I didn’t listen to them. Yes it’s unfortunate that we weren’t given the tools needed to pursue a career. But if I really want to place blame on my school, I definitely don’t think it reflects all of Orthodox Judaism. Also, things have change a lot since my day. So it’s possible Julia had a similar experience. To deny that this exists is wrong. But I still think what she did is terrible.

There is absolutely no comparison between the BYM I attended under the Rebbetzin and BK of Lakewood. Not in the secular academic level, not in the Hashkafa, types of families/diversity, etc....

If I had to take a stab I'd compare it more to Prospect than any Lakewood school.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I didnt watch the show and im not sure if I want to but I saw pictures on her instagram page and her son is wearing yarmulka and tzitzis and looks like he also wears a black hat. Whats the story with that? If she went OTD why didnt she go all the way?
Does she keep shabbos/kosher?
She remarried to a non jew thats really OTD already!!

The religious father has primary custody of that son.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics