Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What can I do for my friend?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:21 pm
A friend is moving from another country. She will be arriving after a long flight with her husband and small baby, and I would like to do something to welcome her or make her arrival easier. Any ideas? My first thought was to get her some basics for her fridge but I don't have access to the apartment and am afraid that if I leave food w her doorman it will spoil. I also thought of flowers but I recall that when I moved once my friend for me a huge gorgeous arrangement but the house was full of boxes and having to deal with flowers was more of an inconvenience than anything else. Any other ideas?

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A friend is moving from another country. She will be arriving after a long flight with her husband and small baby, and I would like to do something to welcome her or make her arrival easier. Any ideas? My first thought was to get her some basics for her fridge but I don't have access to the apartment and am afraid that if I leave food w her doorman it will spoil. I also thought of flowers but I recall that when I moved once my friend for me a huge gorgeous arrangement but the house was full of boxes and having to deal with flowers was more of an inconvenience than anything else. Any other ideas?

No flowers. Do get them basics for their fridge, hold it in your house until you know they’ve arrived and then bring it. They’d be very grateful for not having to Immediately run to the store… also get some toilet paper and paper towels.

lfab

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:27 pm
Order or make them breakfast, lunch and dinner for the first day they arrive so they won't need to worry about meals that first day. If you know start time their flight arrives time it so it's delivered after they'd be at the apartment. But let them know that you're sending food so they don't run out to buy stuff right away.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:28 pm
What about non perishable food such as cans of tuna, mayonnaise, crackers, pretzels, chocolate, etc.?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:29 pm
If they live near enough invite them for the first Shabbos, so they don't need to worry about making Shabbos straight away.

#ibelieve

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 3:12 pm
Why don’t you just ask her! That’s probably the biggest help
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating