Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Mycoplasma question
Previous  1  2

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:22 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
So how would I know if he really has lymes?

And what are the herbs that treat it?

Google says it's very antibiotic resistant, and that's been our experience. No antibiotic touched this.
Imposted up thread a link to Raintree Myco Formula, a herbal combo in capsule form formulated for chronic mycoplasma infections. Byron White A-myco is another excellent, VERY potent herbal formula in liquid form. This link has Stephen buhners mycoplasma protocol, he is by far THE expert herbalist on chronic, resistant infections. https://naturally-at-home.com/.....asma/

If you want good Lyme and coinfection testing, you need a lyme literate MD. If you are in NY, Dr. Visconti in SI is a great place to start.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:
Imposted up thread a link to Raintree Myco Formula, a herbal combo in capsule form formulated for chronic mycoplasma infections. Byron White A-myco is another excellent, VERY potent herbal formula. This link has Stephen buhners mycoplasma protocol, he is by far THE expert herbalist on chronic, resistant infections. https://naturally-at-home.com/.....asma/

If you want good Lyme and coinfection testing, you need a lyme literate MD. If you are in NY, Dr. Visconti in SI is a great place to start.

Thank you! This is very helpful, I really appreciate it.

I just want to say that this thread is very validating. Google says that mycoplasma is just a week or two but that has DEFINITELY not been my experience. DS was sick for months.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
Thank you! This is very helpful, I really appreciate it.

I just want to say that this thread is very validating. Google says that mycoplasma is just a week or two but that has DEFINITELY not been my experience. DS was sick for months.
The headaches are a neurological symptom btw. I would want to get that Lyme testing done. Mold can be another cause of mycoplasma colonization.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:28 pm
The headaches are a neurological symptom btw. I would want to get that Lyme testing done. Mold can be another cause of mycoplasma colonization.

We went to a neurologist and she thought that it was just a symptom of mycoplasma. Lyme's didn't show up in the bloodwork at all. Was she wrong?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:29 pm
Personally, I would stay away from cipro unless it was literally a matter of life and death. It’s in a class of antibiotics that are very, very toxic. Mycoplasma is very antibiotic resistant, but there are some good ones that touch it, and actually that’s why herbs are sometimes more recommended, they attack the bacteria via very different mechanisms than antibiotics, and developing resistance is not an issue.

Agreed, Cipro is no joke. It's like dropping a nuclear bomb. The thing is, you don't want to "touch" it, you want to stomp on it with both feet. I have no problem with people taking any kind of supplements to boost the immune system. Both types of medicine have there place, and as long as they are not specifically contraindicated I don't see why people think it has to be one or the other.

Mycoplasma can develop into some pretty horrific things, including several kinds of cancer. It's the leading cause of death in people with compromised immune systems, and some strains are highly contagious. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....ma%20(plural%20mycoplasmas%20or%20mycoplasmata,can%20be%20parasitic%20or%20saprotrophic.

I've had mycoplasma pneumonia, and after 3 rounds of "gentler" antibiotics, Cipro was the only thing that helped. If it didn't work, my next step was going to be getting admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics and lung therapy. B'H, it worked.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:34 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
We went to a neurologist and she thought that it was just a symptom of mycoplasma. Lyme's didn't show up in the bloodwork at all. Was she wrong?
It probably is a symptom of mycoplasma, I’m just pointing out that it’s a neurological symptom, which means the myco has kind of crossed a line from just a respiratory infection to something more systemic, probably via inflammation.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:36 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Agreed, Cipro is no joke. It's like dropping a nuclear bomb. The thing is, you don't want to "touch" it, you want to stomp on it with both feet. I have no problem with people taking any kind of supplements to boost the immune system. Both types of medicine have there place, and as long as they are not specifically contraindicated I don't see why people think it has to be one or the other.

Mycoplasma can develop into some pretty horrific things, including several kinds of cancer. It's the leading cause of death in people with compromised immune systems, and some strains are highly contagious. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....ma%20(plural%20mycoplasmas%20or%20mycoplasmata,can%20be%20parasitic%20or%20saprotrophic.

I've had mycoplasma pneumonia, and after 3 rounds of "gentler" antibiotics, Cipro was the only thing that helped. If it didn't work, my next step was going to be getting admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics and lung therapy. B'H, it worked.
The herbs don’t just boost the immune system, each one does something else but some of them kill bacteria pretty directly, similar to antibiotics but via different mechanisms of action. Not at all the same as taking some vitamin c or elderberry to boost the immune system. These are evidence based, well researched protocols to specifically target the mycoplasma bacteria, the way it replicates and infects the body, as well as it’s downstream effects.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 1:24 pm
An adult has mycoplasma igg, multiple negative Lyme and co-infection tests, Visconti did detailed one with quest labs. Symptoms are vision problems, memory issues and burning in legs. Can mycoplasma be causing this?
Still exploring Lyme with igenex tho lab work hasn’t come back. I also find igenex always comes back positive even when other labs are negative.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Dec 22 2021, 6:57 pm
amother [ Yolk ] wrote:
An adult has mycoplasma igg, multiple negative Lyme and co-infection tests, Visconti did detailed one with quest labs. Symptoms are vision problems, memory issues and burning in legs. Can mycoplasma be causing this?
Still exploring Lyme with igenex tho lab work hasn’t come back. I also find igenex always comes back positive even when other labs are negative.
Yes mycoplasma can cause this but chronic mycoplasma is often secondary to other infections or other causes of immunosuppression such as mold.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics