Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Am I the only one who is in some sort of emotional low/crash

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:23 pm
Am I the only one who is in some sort of emotional low/crash after the fast? I feel so weird: weepy and sad and just really not a good place emotionally?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 1:57 pm
I feel the same but I’m dealing with hell this week.

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:18 pm
Oh is that what this is?? I am a wreck today. I just text my husband that I'm having a bad day. I'm married more than 10 years and I never did that before. I'm just a low mood disaster.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:21 pm
I’m in a physical crash from the fast and dealing with a lot of things that need to be done , so it’s taking an emotional toll on me. The cause is all physical though.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Am I the only one who is in some sort of emotional low/crash after the fast? I feel so weird: weepy and sad and just really not a good place emotionally?

It's strange to go from 0-60. The idea of the aveilus of Tisha B'Av is that it's so distant that we need to build up to it. With regular aveilus one starts at the top and gradually decompresses.
Here's a perspective I heard from Rabbi Menachem Penner yesterday: We've all heard about this reverse aveilus but there's a step that's not discussed - aninus. Yes, Tisha B'Av is like shiva but where did aninus go? But here's the thing. We spent three weeks building up to the possible destruction of the Jewish people and while it was awful we're here; Hashem took it out on the wood and stone. So there is no aninus.

But it is a strange aveilus. Of course there's some sort of disconnect and being out of sorts as we ease our way back into normal life. And while it's back to normal, it can't be business as usual if Tisha B'Av is to count.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 4:49 pm
Thank you, everyone, for your replies: they were very helpful and much appreciated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note