Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Would you prefer working full time, part time or SAHM

Would you prefer working full time, part time or SAHM
working full time  
 3%  [ 4 ]
working part time  
 60%  [ 65 ]
SAHM  
 36%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 108

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:36 pm
This is fantasy! All things being equal and you have domestic help for as many hours a day as you worked and one day a week if you are SAHM would you prefer to work part time, full time or be a SAHM.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:43 pm
SAHM with cleaning help 3 times a week and loving it

lfab

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:46 pm
SAHM, in a hearbeat!

DVOM

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:50 pm
Work part time. I love my job!!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:50 pm
currently work full time plus some overtime. it would be my dream to work part time - get the stimulation/satisfaction/social interaction but still have time to take care of my house, my family and myself!
Sadly even if I could ever afford the pay cut, I couldn't afford the health insurance.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 2:52 pm
Part time so I have an outlet, esp since I work in a field I love.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:12 pm
I would want to work part time. I enjoy my job, but there are so many other things I would love to be doing (volunteer activities, social get togethers). Of course I would have a full time housekeeper so I never have to do any house work.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:16 pm
How old are my kids?
I have SIF. I loved being SAHM but the emptiness of my home and feeling of failure sent me back to work when DD went to school at age 3.
Had I had a baby or been pregnant I would have loved to stay home, but without a kid to care for, going back was the better option.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:19 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
How old are my kids?
I have SIF. I loved being SAHM but the emptiness of my home and feeling of failure sent me back to work when DD went to school at age 3.
Had I had a baby or been pregnant I would have loved to stay home, but without a kid to care for, going back was the better option.

I was the same.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:20 pm
I’ve done all 3. My favorite was having cleaning help once a week and working part time.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is fantasy! All things being equal and you have domestic help for as many hours a day as you worked and one day a week if you are SAHM would you prefer to work part time, full time or be a SAHM.

I would rather part-time (a few hours a day, a few days a week) or SAHM.

I don't know how I feel about cleaning help. I want a dishwasher and a dryer though.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:22 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....rt=20

Wink

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:27 pm
hey if we are dreaming then I would love to be a SAHM with full time cleaning help so I can totally focus on my kids.

icebreaker

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:10 pm
Full time, unless I’m working part time with full time pay.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:18 pm
Part time.
I love my job and would just be too bored without working.

My kids need to be in daycare or preschool for some social interaction

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:24 pm
Having done all 3, I loved working part time in the afternoon (12-4) and having my mornings free to do housework, errands and a bit of self care time. Also made my afternoons a bit shorter which are hard for me. Can’t do it now because dh isn’t in Kollel anymore.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:25 pm
Stay at home. Work 2x a week with part time hours those days if that's possible, otherwise forget it I'll find my own hobbies.

gr82no

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:29 pm
Part time from home or sahm

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 6:31 pm
I've been a sahm with almost full time cleaning help, and was still miserable. Went back to work full time (obviously kept the help) and I'm much happier. That said, my full time job is pretty flexible, so that helps a lot. I can come in a little late or leave a little early for an appointment. I am not expected to work past my end time at all, not even answering a phone call or an email in my off hours. They are understanding of kids getting sick and having random days off. So it works. If I didn't have that flexibility, I would have to work part time.

Goody2shoes

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 7:55 pm
Right now it's full time that works best for me. It keeps me happy and stimulated
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics