Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What to expect at camp BY visiting day?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:46 pm
Do fathers come?
Do families stay on camp grounds?
Is it expected to take dd off grounds?
Are tips expected?
Visiting day is for 6 hours. What do we do all that time?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 8:54 pm
Bump

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 8:58 pm
Don’t know about camp by

families do come, men included.

Most kids want to go off grounds. All the surrounding pizza stores and groceries and shops are mobbed. So are the limited attractions

You can stay on grounds, find a bench and shmooze.

A suggestion is to ask your child what they want you to purchase and come prepared, you will save money and long lines.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 9:01 pm
Father's and siblings come, you can sign out to leave grounds or stay whatever you want. Many families don't arrive exactly at opening or stay till closing, do whatever works for you. They serve a buffet lunch, usually falafel, pita, salad, tuna, egg salad which is really nice for those who travel. There is also cookies and drinks available in the dining room all day. They are very generous. The letter they send home and the camp handbook discuss recommended tips. It's a nice opportunity to see where your child is spending their summer

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 9:01 pm
Tips are expected and suggested amounts are usually posted

You don’t have to stay the whole six hours. Some places have a show or an activity for the kids that don’t have visitors.

My kids are usually overtired from staying up the night before and making the place spotless, and staying up the nights before the night before and partying!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Apr 27 2022, 11:11 am
Anyone know when visiting day for Camp bais yaakov is for second half?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 6:04 pm
Visiting day? What about any day? I think there was another thread asking about dates but I don't remember there being an actual answer.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:04 pm
I think the dates are approximately:

June 28- July 25
July 27- August 23

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:04 pm
What are the times of visiting day usually?

amother
Pear

Post Wed, May 04 2022, 2:23 pm
I spoke to them right before Pesach and they didn’t know the dates for visiting day yet.

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 4:29 am
We had a whole routine with our kids for visiting day. First, they would tell me what to make for lunch (It was usually something like pasta in a fancy sauce that I would heat and bring in thermoses and something from a favorite bakery) and also what snacks to bring. We arrived on time because I had mishegos about never wanted my kids to be waiting while the other parents came in. We brought a blanket and maybe a folding chair or two.
When we first came to camp, we would find a place to sit that was quiet and away from the crowd. The first hour was kvetch time where they would tell us what was bothering them. We said all the right things to show them that they were actually fine. Once they got that out, we walked around camp and saw their activities and the bunk, and briefly met the counselors. We then had a picnic in a quiet shady spot and sometimes watched some of the planned events. Mostly, our kids wanted to reconnect with us and home and tell us about their life at camp. Usually, midday, we would make a trip to Walmart to stock up on a couple of things but mostly to run into everyone we ever knew (the kids didn't like that part). Once we returned to camp, we had an hour or so to start wrapping things up. Leaving was usually hard, but this was a good time to drop off the snacks and whatever else we brought (books, magazines or tsotchkes). Hope they have a great summer.

LK1

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 7:49 am
Yes, fathers come. They serve a big lunch that the whole family could enjoy together.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children