Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Bathing kids
1  2  3  Next

Who bathes the kids?
Usually you  
 70%  [ 117 ]
Usually DH  
 15%  [ 26 ]
We switch off equally  
 14%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 167

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:09 pm
If you have kids who require help bathing, who usually bathes them? I’m curious how many husbands do this frequently.

hodeez

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:17 pm
My husband has done it once unassisted.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:23 pm
My husband does the babies, I do the older kids. (He likes doing the babies but I get physically exhausted from it. I find it easier to help the older kids when it’s just giving soap and supervising, not lifting in and out of the bath.)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:27 pm
For the record, this has almost always been my job, for close to a decade of child bathing. He has helped on rare occasions when asked. DH just made a comment about fathers never doing the bathing, so I was curious what the statistics are.

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For the record, this has almost always been my job, for close to a decade of child bathing. He has helped on rare occasions when asked. DH just made a comment about fathers never doing the bathing, so I was curious what the statistics are.

It has been one of my husbands chief parenting responsibilities since my oldest was born. She is now 6 and there’s is also a baby BH. I do it only when he’s sick or schedule conflict. He does it from A to Z. Prep, lotion hair, dress, clean up

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:37 pm
My husband usually gets home after bedtime but on days when we're both home he usually does it, he enjoys, the kids have fun and I clean supper chaos in peace.

esther7

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:55 pm
It's very household specific and I don't think there's a right or wrong. It just has to be communicated and worked out between you.
My husband is very hands on with taking care of the kids and house. But bathing the kids isn't his thing. He really doesn't enjoy it. I don't mind it at all. So I bathe the kids and I'm fine with that. He takes care of the kids in many other ways.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:59 pm
When my husband watches the kids they get filthy. The opposite of bathing.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:01 am
I do the baby. Dh does other kids equally completely

redheaded

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:04 am
Anyone have teenagers that help with bathing the young ones?

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:08 am
I can't bend over the tub due to back issues so my husband bathes the little ones. I guide the older ones once they are capable.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:16 am
I bathe the kids because DH would rather clean up from dinner. He does all the dishes and wipes everything down while I get the kids ready for bed and then he comes up to help with the rest of bedtime.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:42 am
I bathe them.

Growing up, my father usually did the baths.

My husband is an abstract idea person. Complete N on myer briggs system. Might forget he put kids in the bath. Or will take them out and not realize they need diapers/pjs. He's amazing with our kids once they get a bit older. Amazing with social/emotional development. Not really great at the hands on bathing/dressing/feeding parts. We balance each other.

mizle10

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:43 am
There is no poll option for it’s always me.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:21 am
Depends who is free at the time. When I have HG he does almost all of it. Once they get to be a certain age (6,7..) it is whoever is the same gender.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:30 am
When I went to childbirth classes before my first, the instructor said fathers also want to be involved with baby care but can't do most stuff like moms e.g. nursing, ( they feel left out, mom carries/delivers etc) so one chore they can do is bathing & agree on that even before baby is born. So I listened, by my first my husband bathed baby every day. Now we both do. I don't count turns.

essie14

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:56 am
redheaded wrote:
Anyone have teenagers that help with bathing the young ones?

Yes, my teens bathe my toddler if I need them to.
DH is usually still at work.

4g01o

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:01 am
I would say about equal.. If I'm busy with something I'll ask him to give baths. He does a lot around the house, and with the kids bh.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 5:24 am
My toddler requests Abba if he's home, but most of the time I have her bathed and pajamaed before he gets home. Until about a year though he only does when necessary (I'm not home) because he finds it nerve-wracking

English3

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 5:31 am
My sis comes to bath them, she helps me with bathing. I have a lot of little ones, it's one area where I give myself a breather.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics