Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp agudah first timer help
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 8:22 pm
no need to bring seforim. Maybe a pocket siddur.

imamom7

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 9:05 pm
So most people pay for extra peice?

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 9:07 pm
imamom7 wrote:

I usually put my kids box of snacks under the bus. I live in Monsey and plenty people do this. Make sure the box is clearly labeled amd your son must remember to take it off the bus.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:01 pm
Anyone have info/experience about switching PCP?

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:11 pm
imamom7 wrote:

I paid for 3 pieces. Two duffles and drawers

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone have info/experience about switching PCP?

My son was there first half. I didn’t switch pcp

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 9:22 pm
How does visiting day work in Agudah?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, May 31 2022, 4:34 am
Bumping it up. I’m going from the country. Is anything different? Anyone have a link to the snack box? How many cases of water till visiting day? Fan? Anything else? Where are the showers?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 6:43 pm
Gut vouch. Bump again. What laundry bags and how many? What about Tzitzis and white shirts that are hang them dry?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 7:36 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Bumping it up. I’m going from the country. Is anything different? Anyone have a link to the snack box? How many cases of water till visiting day? Fan? Anything else? Where are the showers?

You buy the water through them.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 7:37 pm
Gut vouch. Bump again. What laundry bags and how many? What about Tzitzis and white shirts that are hang them dry?

If you want tzitzis and white shirts to be hung dry you need to send Woolite and teach your son how to hand wash them himself in the sink.

farm

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 10:40 pm
The camp doesn’t allow water via the luggage truck or on the buses so unless you are driving privately (in which case you can pack as many cases of water bottles as you want in your car and drop them off with your son), they email w info to order water bottles from a 3rd party vendor which are delivered to your son’s bunkhouse by the first day of camp. Prices quite reasonable for the good sports cap Poland Spring bottles.
White shirts- I pack my sons 1 per shabbos and tell them not to send with the camp laundry. For the bar mitzvah boys who also need a white shirt for davening, I send the Oxford whites they wears to yeshiva all year, 1 per week. They keep it with their hat and tefillin in the shul and put it on top of their T for davening and take it off after, switching to a fresh one each Sunday. So again, I send 1 per week and instruct not to put it in the camp laundry. So far so good x 2 boys going on summer #5 or 6 Smile

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 5:54 am
How many sets of drawers do they need? What do they keep in the cubbies they are given vs in those drawers? Thank you!

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 7:19 am
How many sets of drawers do they need? What do they keep in the cubbies they are given vs in those drawers? Thank you!

One set of 2 or 3 large drawers.
The shelves get stacks of folded clothes. The drawers are for snacks or underwear or loose items that get lost on a shelf.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 2:44 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
One set of 2 or 3 large drawers.
The shelves get stacks of folded clothes. The drawers are for snacks or underwear or loose items that get lost on a shelf.

Thank you! Anyone if they are enforcing the no fridge rule. He’s a big drinker and likes cold. I don’t want to send something big but a small soda style fright that he claims is not a big deal but want to make sure

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jun 13 2022, 3:00 pm
Thank you! Anyone if they are enforcing the no fridge rule. He’s a big drinker and likes cold. I don’t want to send something big but a small soda style fright that he claims is not a big deal but want to make sure

They don't let.
But iirc they do have soda machines so he can buy cold daily.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:24 pm
Anyone know why they aren't having visiting day for 7th grade and up? The email they sent was wishy washy...
Also, do camps usually inform parents about trips the boys go on? Or at least major trips? I saw pictures on their status that my son's grade went to Niagara falls. I had no clue, maybe I'm just a nervous mom, but I would've liked to know about it before.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone know why they aren't having visiting day for 7th grade and up? The email they sent was wishy washy...
Also, do camps usually inform parents about trips the boys go on? Or at least major trips? I saw pictures on their status that my son's grade went to Niagara falls. I had no clue, maybe I'm just a nervous mom, but I would've liked to know about it before.

"Mini" visiting day is always just for the younger division but no one is checking to see what bunk your child is in at the gate.
They do not notify parents about the trips, I think they try to keep it as a surprise for the kids. They typically do the same trips each year (7th and 9th go to Niagara) but they don't tell the kids when they are leaving (although they usually can figure it out).

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Most parents didn't want visiting day.many camps canceled.

But, you can definitely go and visit on Sunday. They will have on site visiting day for the younger kids. No one will stop you.

They don't let you know about trips in advance. If you are an old times you know what trips they will go one. The camp does a great job making sure everyone has what they need.

The younger bunks are in Kalahari right now. They all go out the same day on the major trip.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 12:18 am
Thanks for your replies. We are clearly not old timers Wink, and probably won't ever be, since I have just one son... Regarding visiting day, they changed their mind three times which is super annoying because we planned our visit a few weeks ago already and then they switched it to no visiting day for 7th grade
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps