Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Crowne plaza suffern- shabbos

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 9:18 pm
Has anyone ever stayed there before for a shabbos? Are the rooms shabbos friendly? And how is the walk to shul?

Cookiegirl

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 9:52 pm
I haven't stayed there for Shabbos- you should call the hotel and find out about room keys and room HVAC systems (to see if they are automatic/motion activated). I know they did a Shabbos program there recently, so they may be "kosher-friendly." There is no shul within close walking distance that I can think of. The hotel is right off the NYS thruway

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:13 pm
Thanks! Yes I just spoke to them and they are familiar with all that they said no sensor it’s all manual and rooms have keys still I just looked up a shul and there’s a 17 minute walk I just wanted to know if it’s been done before

manhattan mom

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 3:39 am
I am curious did you wind up staying there? Someone recommended to me to make a Simcha there and I’m curious how the hotel was. Would love your review!

happyone

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:13 am
Yes. Theres a shul about 15 min away, Rabbi Halberstam shul 1 McKeney Court Montebello.
The hotel is clean and decent . I'm not sure about shabbos keys.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 7:31 am
manhattan mom wrote:
I am curious did you wind up staying there? Someone recommended to me to make a Simcha there and I’m curious how the hotel was. Would love your review!

I was just by a simcha there and they had an event planner was really nice.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 10:11 am
Yes we went worked out great they know about shabbos and the rav of the shul was really nice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note