Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Scared of moving

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:40 am
Moving from Brooklyn to monsey. Don’t need to move but want a change. It’s the right time. So scared about leaving family, living in more seclusion, and unknown community. Excited about nicer house, more land, living in seclusion (yes both a positive and gesture) and being out of nyc. Thinking about going into contract on a house but afraid. Thoughts? Suggestions? Advice?

Success10

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:46 am
Accept that no place is perfect and all places have pros and cons (seems you get that already). List pros and cons and figure out which place is the best for your families long-term needs. Then make a choice and do. not. look. back. Daven. Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 4:59 am
Success10 wrote:
Accept that no place is perfect and all places have pros and cons (seems you get that already). List pros and cons and figure out which place is the best for your families long-term needs. Then make a choice and do. not. look. back. Daven. Hatzlacha!

Thank you! I guess I’m wondering if it’s a mistake to move when you don’t need to but just want to. Why rock the boat for the unknown? Yes - nicer home, prettier location but far from family. Opportunity for new beginning but so scary to leave behind the comforts of the known. Appreciate your perspective. Just absorbing 😊

Would hate to regret.

Success10

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 6:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! I guess I’m wondering if it’s a mistake to move when you don’t need to but just want to. Why rock the boat for the unknown? Yes - nicer home, prettier location but far from family. Opportunity for new beginning but so scary to leave behind the comforts of the known. Appreciate your perspective. Just absorbing 😊

Would hate to regret.

Think long-term. What's best for the family as a whole? And I wouldn't move if you don't really have a good reason, especially if things are ok where you are.

imaima

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Would hate to regret.

I assume your family is not going anywhere. It is easier to try out new things when you have a support system in the old place too.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:59 am
If you are scared than rather don't do it, if you don't need to

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:04 am
I know other people who have left wonderful, supportive family in Brooklyn and moved to Monsey. I think they had some friends in the community though. I'm sure there are a lot of friendly people, but it probably helps to have a couple of people you know to help ease to transition, and to know you can rely on until you're integrated.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:09 am
You can buy the house now and rent it out first until your ready to move . Prices of houses are just going up . I know people that did this .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating