Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Split air conditioning system?

jf

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:18 am
I have window units but would like a different way to cool my house. I can't put in central for a variety of reasons. I have been hearing about split AC systems, which I think means you install a unit inside the house--not clear to me if it's wall mounted, and if that means opening the wall to the outside to mount it--and a compressor type of unit outside the house, but you don't need ductwork.

Any ideas how this works, and have you looking into it/installed it?

Thank you!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:23 am
jf wrote:
I have window units but would like a different way to cool my house. I can't put in central for a variety of reasons. I have been hearing about split AC systems, which I think means you install a unit inside the house--not clear to me if it's wall mounted, and if that means opening the wall to the outside to mount it--and a compressor type of unit outside the house, but you don't need ductwork.

Any ideas how this works, and have you looking into it/installed it?

Thank you!

The unit is installed inside, the compressor goes outside. It is a wall-mounted unit. It attaches to the wall, you don’t need to open anything.
We have in our kitchen, living room, dining room, and all our main bedrooms. (We don’t have them in the guest bedrooms) My husband sells them.

jf

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:24 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
The unit is installed inside, the compressor goes outside. It is a wall-mounted unit. It attaches to the wall, you don’t need to open anything.
We have in our kitchen, living room, dining room, and all our main bedrooms. (We don’t have them in the guest bedrooms) My husband sells them.

Thanks. Do you need multiple compressors, or does each room's unit work off of the same compressor? Any idea what price range is like for a compressor and let's say 3 bedroom units?
Can you buy a larger unit so you don't them in each room? For example, I have a powerful window AC in my dining room that cools the DR, den and kitchen.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:33 am
jf wrote:
Thanks. Do you need multiple compressors, or does each room's unit work off of the same compressor? Any idea what price range is like for a compressor and let's say 3 bedroom units?
Can you buy a larger unit so you don't them in each room? For example, I have a powerful window AC in my dining room that cools the DR, den and kitchen.

I sent you a message

lfab

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:58 am
We recently installed a few split units in our home. You really need to call an HVAC person and have. Them come down to give you an estimate. Cost will vary depending on size of the units you need (different rooms need different sized BTU just like with window units) and how many compressors you need. We were able to do 3 indoor units off of 1 compressor because all the rooms were on 1 side of the house. But if we had washed to do some of the other bedrooms we would have needed a second compressor just because of the layout. Typically an estimate shosh cost you anything so it's worth having someone come down to your house and tell you what you would need and cost to install based on the specifics in your house.

2cents

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:01 am
I'm in Brooklyn and have gotten two estimates over the past year and it's been about $2000 each unit for more than one, but $3000 for one unit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars