Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Baked KFC style fried chicken

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:30 am
Anyone have a recipe? Baked, not fried. The ones I found online need buttermilk. Looking for chicken legs/ drumsticks, not chicken breast/schnitzel

jj1236

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:51 am
I made it once with pareve almond milk in my air fryer. It came out amazinggg.
I think this is the recipe I used. I assume it won't come out as great when it's baked, but either way it gets so juicy when it marinates the almond milk.

https://therecipecritic.com/ai.....cken/

(edited I realize I never added the recipe)

Last edited by jj1236 on Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:51 am
Buttermilk is used in chicken recipes because it tenderizes their chicken and gives it a bit of a tang but it isn’t a critical ingredient for a delicious result. It also makes the meat a bit more juicy but dark mewt is already very juicy.

What is your specific question in terms of achieving the best result. For oven baking with a crust, I use a wired grid to elevate the food so that air circulates top and bottom for crispiest all over results.

Are you looking for the flavors in the crust. I have some copycat recipes for that taste and I could post

ETA I see someone has suggested using almond milk. You could probably replicate buttermilk’s impact by adding lemon juice or cider vinegar to the milk althiugh I don’t know if it would curdle but you wouid still have the slightly acidic aspect of buttermilk which tenderizes and flavors the chicken like brining does. Kosher chicken is already effectively brined so you don’t brine kosher chicken.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:53 am
I don't know if it's a KFC copycat, but this is very good.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....75391

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:00 am
Thank you!

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:02 am
I have made this recipe that is briefly fried and finished in the oven. I use any pareve milk that I add lemon juice or vinnegar to it. Its really really yummy. https://www.foodnetwork.com/re.....43840
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen