Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Please help how can I retrieve a pic

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:39 am
I deleted just for myself, meaning the recipient still has it. I want to remove it for both of us.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:40 am
On messenger from Facebook

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:10 am
I just sent something to my friend and deleted it for myself. And she still sees it and I can't..
I'm not sure you can deleted it once you removed it.

This is based on a brief test

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:13 am
Oh. I made a silly mistake of sending a pic I don’t want others to keep and accidentally removed it only for myself and now I can’t delete it..

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:14 am
Best you can do is ask them to please delete and hope they are respectful of that.

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:22 am
I just tried myself: on Facebook messenger you can click the 3 dots and it says "remove." Then it asks "Who do you want to remove this message for?" and the options are:

Unsend for Everyone
You'll permanently remove this message for all chat members. They can see you unsent a message and still report it.

Remove for You
This message will be removed for you. Other chat members will still be able to see it.

So I am 99% sure you can click the first option and it will remove for everyone.

EDIT- nevermind sorry! I think after you remove it for yourself, this option goes away. I'll keep this post up in case it's helpful for anyone in the future.

liveandlove.ima

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:24 am
icedcoffee wrote:
I just tried myself: on Facebook messenger you can click the 3 dots and it says "remove." Then it asks "Who do you want to remove this message for?" and the options are:

Unsend for Everyone
You'll permanently remove this message for all chat members. They can see you unsent a message and still report it.

Remove for You
This message will be removed for you. Other chat members will still be able to see it.

So I am 99% sure you can click the first option and it will remove for everyone.

pretty sure what she's saying is that she accidentally removed just for herself so at this point there may be no way to remove it from others 🤷‍♀️

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:27 am
I also tried this on WhatsApp with a friend and if you don't click remove/delete for everyone... You can't do it after the fact. Just message the group again and ask that they please delete it and hope for the best

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:32 am
Yes that’s what I did. I sincerely hope they will respect that but I’m not sure I trust them.. anyway.. life sucks sometimes but it’s ok

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:34 am
Hugs. It can be hard. And everyone has that instant of making a stupid mistake and bring unable to take it back. The only thing to do is learn for next time. Think twice about sending a thing. And check twice before deleting.

I hope the person respects your wishes this time

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:35 am
Right. Ugh.. you’re right
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media