Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do you wash your kids with soap if giving a bubble bath

Do you scrub your kids with soap in a bubble bath?
Yes  
 57%  [ 44 ]
No, the soap in bath is good enough  
 42%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 77

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:36 am
I do not use bubble bath. I pour body wash into the tub to make bubbles. I wash their hair but usually get lazy and don't scrub their bodies unless there is a visible spot that needs it. Does the bubble bath exempt me from washing their bodies?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:38 am
Just make sure they rub the soap bubbles all over their bodies.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:38 am
I avoid too much soap or bubbles since it dries out the skin and Dd has excema.

essie14

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:59 am
Unless there is a dirty spot, I don't scrub. The bath washes the sweat and general dirt away.

#Happymom

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:03 pm
If they sit and play for a while, I dont bother scrubbing them. But if it's more of an 'in and out' situation, then I wash them with soap

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:43 pm
Am I an awful mom that I never soap her body? I soap her hair and face and then rinse and figure between the rinse and 10 min splashing she's clean.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:46 pm
My kids mostly shower but when they bathe I squirt body wash into tub and they like to use the loofa sponge on a stick that I have to wash themselves. Then I shower off the soap bubbles.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:48 pm
At what age do you start showering instead of bathing? Is my 3 year old too young?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:01 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
At what age do you start showering instead of bathing? Is my 3 year old too young?

I started with my oldest when he was 4 because he was a bed wetter and I could not bathe him before school every day. A 5 min shower was just so much more convenient. With my next kids I would stay I started around 3. We have a shower where the head comes off the wall so they are not scared of it.

adar

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:05 pm
I scrub in between the toes, fingers and behind the ears. Also I buy a 3in1 so after scrubbing the hair I use those suds to wash off rest of body. My son started showers at 4 but my daughter who is 4 now has a harder time with rinsing the soap out of her long hair

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Am I an awful mom that I never soap her body? I soap her hair and face and then rinse and figure between the rinse and 10 min splashing she's clean.

For now you’re good, Just make sure you start teaching her how to wash her body before she hits puberty.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:47 pm
I don't give (or take) bubble baths. Our pediatrician and my gyn both said that the ingredients can irritate the private parts, especially for girls.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:01 pm
My DD got UTIs from bubble bath, so no bubbles for her. Instead I made sure she had lots of toys to play with. When she was old enough to stand still and balance on her own, I started doing showers, but she has always preferred baths whenever possible.

When I babysit other people's kids and I have to give them baths, I squirt the body wash on their hands, and tell them to make sure they get into all the private areas. I do a little rhyme about "Elbows, nose, don't forget your toes" etc. They love it.

I hand them a washcloth to do their front, and then I washcloth their backs, but not their bottoms. When they are all done with the soap, I rinse them off with the shower head.

I like doing it this way because they feel in control of their bodies, and they feel "grown up" that they can bathe themselves.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:03 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
For now you’re good, Just make sure you start teaching her how to wash her body before she hits puberty.

Given that she's 2, I have time. She takes a wet washcloth and wipes herself down, but because of excema I try to limit the soap

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:15 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I don't give (or take) bubble baths. Our pediatrician and my gyn both said that the ingredients can irritate the private parts, especially for girls.

On top of this, my pediatrician (Dr Shanik) says it can cause UTI's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics