Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Urgent!!! need a Mesivta for my son for next zman
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:28 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Shlangers is not that small
Did you try South Bend? Naugatuck? (I'll get the spelling right one day)

My husband says each grade has 25-30 bochrim. Thats not big.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:02 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
My husband says each grade has 25-30 bochrim. Thats not big.

It is because it's not split. 30 boys in one shiur for a boy who needs a more individualized setting is too much. Yes it is smaller than yeshivos with more than 1 shiur, but it's possible that it's better for a kid to have more boys overall in the Yeshiva and less in the shiur to form a kesher with a rebbe.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:30 pm
Atlanta/ Ohr Yisroel?
I have no idea if they are still accepting but fits the bill for small and out of town.
Op you might get clearer recommendations if you give more details, where is your son holding hashkafically, what Yeshiva has he been in until now, etc

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:45 pm
Cindy Stein wrote:
Hi I’m desperately looking a small mesivta with a dorm for my 16 year old son for 11th grade.
He’s a brilliant ehrlich haimish boy that thrives on individual attention.

We were just told that he’s not accepted in the Yeshiva that he applied for. Any recommendations would be greatly greatly appreciated.

A small good oot or Lakewood yeshiva with a dorm that still accepting applications.

TIA

Did they give you any recommendations? That's what happened with us.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:47 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Was thinking that too, may work, but not so small. 2 shiurim per grade I think

It may not be small but very individualized attention. My son was in Telshe Cleveland for 8 years. I wish it would have been an option for my other boys, but it wasn’t a good fit for various reasons.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:30 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I also need something simeler I was wondering if there is someone who has knows boys yeshiva’s and can help guide you to were to send my son. I am willing to pay.

Rabbi Binyamin Strauss
732-370-2874

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:31 pm
Look up the phone number on the Lakewood Smartlist for Rabbi Binyomin Strauss. He meets boys and their parents and makes recommendations about which Mesivtas would be a good fit. I believe he does this as a free community service. It may be funded by a donor. He has a good eye for these things and has been doing this for many years. If he feels your son is a good fit for a place, he will often call the yeshiva and advocate on your behalf. He is familiar with Lakewood and OOT Mesivtas.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:46 pm
Mesivta kesser Torah in Baltimore. They bought a building a year ago and there is optional dorming for 11th grade. They aren't specifically looking for out of town boys, but have a few. The yeshiva is very warm. It happens to be the in coming 11th grade is the smallest shiur in the school.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:49 pm
Mesivta of West Bloomfield

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:53 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Mesivta kesser Torah in Baltimore. They bought a building a year ago and there is optional dorming for 11th grade. They aren't specifically looking for out of town boys, but have a few. The yeshiva is very warm. It happens to be the in coming 11th grade is the smallest shiur in the school.

I forgot they have a dorm now. May be a good option. I'm not sure the level of learning at that age for a bright boy. Not saying it's not good, just look into it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:55 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
It may not be small but very individualized attention. My son was in Telshe Cleveland for 8 years. I wish it would have been an option for my other boys, but it wasn’t a good fit for various reasons.

I agree. I've heard good things about the rabbeim there. Sometimes having more classes but keeping them smaller helps bochurim.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:02 pm
Quote:

I forgot they have a dorm now. May be a good option. I'm not sure the level of learning at that age for a bright boy. Not saying it's not good, just look into it.

I know a decent number of very bright, solid boys there. Boys who are serious learners, solid in haskafa, and beautiful midos.

It's not uncommon to see a decent number boys in the beis medresh very late at night.

The dorm is only open to the 11th graders who take learning seriously and want to learn after maariv. This year dorming in mandatory for 12th and beis medresh.

cbsp

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:05 pm
I wonder if Rabbi Gluck at Areivim can help you with a recommendation

https://www.areivim.com/programs.html

Rabbi Shmuel Gluck:
Director | Bio
Phone - 845 371 2760 EXT
Cell - 914 490 8129
Email - shmuelgluck@areivim.com

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:06 pm
Degel in Monsey

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:23 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Quote:

I know a decent number of very bright, solid boys there. Boys who are serious learners, solid in haskafa, and beautiful midos.

It's not uncommon to see a decent number boys in the beis medresh very late at night.

The dorm is only open to the 11th graders who take learning seriously and want to learn after maariv. This year dorming in mandatory for 12th and beis medresh.

Thanks, I appreciate that info 😃

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:04 pm
I wonder if he might like Rochester.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 12:52 am
Op, I just made my decision today about sending my son eiders in Passaic. Very small class also 11th grade. Supposed to have a great rebbe this yr.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:07 am
Just to throw out another idea that I had started researching a few years ago, Meor Hatorah in Chicago. The dorm parents are phenomenal and I heard really good things about the Yeshiva and how they help their boys.

Cindy Stein

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
Did they give you any recommendations? That's what happened with us.

No Sad

Cindy Stein

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:47 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Look up the phone number on the Lakewood Smartlist for Rabbi Binyomin Strauss. He meets boys and their parents and makes recommendations about which Mesivtas would be a good fit. I believe he does this as a free community service. It may be funded by a donor. He has a good eye for these things and has been doing this for many years. If he feels your son is a good fit for a place, he will often call the yeshiva and advocate on your behalf. He is familiar with Lakewood and OOT Mesivtas.

Hatzlacha!

Thanks. Tried him he is on vacation until beginning of August
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics