Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Another Covid vaccine ques
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:18 pm
If vaccinated people are still getting sick with Covid, and Covid is being transmitted among vaccinated people, why are there so many rules everywhere about vaccinated people.
I understand personal choice, to vaccinate for your own health so symptoms are less if you get Covid.
But why the need to vaccinate when going into other countries? Or certain job sites? Or at specific entertainment places, etc? How does my being vaccinated help anybody around me?

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:14 pm
Being vaccinated greatly reduces the likelihood that you’ll 1) get sick enough to need hospitalization 2) spread the virus to others even if you are unknowingly infected

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:34 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Being vaccinated greatly reduces the likelihood that you’ll 1) get sick enough to need hospitalization 2) spread the virus to others even if you are unknowingly infected

Where do you get the facts from #2 ?
I understand vaccinated people can report less symptoms, but there’s absolutely no way of knowing #2

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:37 pm
You are also much less likely to get sick or be a carrier if you are vaccinated. You still may transmit covid but it is less likely even if you are exposed.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:40 pm
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
You are also much less likely to get sick or be a carrier if you are vaccinated. You still may transmit covid but it is less likely even if you are exposed.

How can they know this?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:47 pm
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:

How does that make sense? If you have covid, you can spread it, if it's so contagious. Why would it make a difference if you are vaccinated or not?

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:54 pm
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
How does that make sense? If you have covid, you can spread it, if it's so contagious. Why would it make a difference if you are vaccinated or not?

People who are vaccinated have a lower viral load. Which means less opportunity to infect others with the virus particles coming out of your nose and mouth when you breathe/cough/talk.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where do you get the facts from #2 ?
I understand vaccinated people can report less symptoms, but there’s absolutely no way of knowing #2

Research data.
https://www.gavi.org/vaccinesw.....-work

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:57 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
People who are vaccinated have a lower viral load. Which means less opportunity to infect others with the virus particles coming out of your nose and mouth when you breathe/cough/talk.

So what about the Texas democrats who so far spread it to six people? Or the 100 people infected on the cruise ship? They were all vaccinated and they all spread it.

tryinghard

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 9:59 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:

All of this is theoretical. Not lab-tested.

Incidentally, there was a high school kid in Israel recently, who was vaccinated. Caught Covid from a vaccinated family member. Who caught it from another vaccinated relative.
And the kid infected 82 people in his school.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:02 pm
tryinghard wrote:
All of this is theoretical. Not lab-tested.

Incidentally, there was a high school kid in Israel recently, who was vaccinated. Caught Covid from a vaccinated family member. Who caught it from another vaccinated relative.
And the kid infected 82 people in his school.

It’s not theoretical. There is data out there if you can use google. The vaccine isn’t 100% effective in anyone. It’s 95% effective in most people. 95 does not equal 100. There will be breakthrough cases. We are lucky to have such an effective vaccine.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:04 pm
So far we’ve been seeing many more vaccinated people spread it.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
It’s not theoretical. There is data out there if you can use google. The vaccine isn’t 100% effective in anyone. It’s 95% effective in most people. 95 does not equal 100. There will be breakthrough cases. We are lucky to have such an effective vaccine.

Actually Isreal is reporting pfizer is down to 64% effective. A vaccine without so may adverse reactions would be great...but these seem to have them.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:12 pm
64% effective at preventing infection and symptomatic disease; 93% effective at preventing hospitalizations and serious illness from coronavirus. That's still a very, very effective vaccine. We are fortunate to have this tool.

https://www.reuters.com/world/.....7-05/

editing to add: the rare side effects that have been reported about the vaccines are newsworthy because they are rare--they are also virtually all treatable. Reporting them gives us and physicians a sense of what to be on the look out for post-vaccine, which aids in identification and treatment. Currently, there are still no cures for covid & the damage that covid can cause can be very severe.

English3

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:38 am
Rare side effects hummm... You mean the vaccine is rare not well done. Over 9000 deaths reported on vears is quite rare it's usually 200 a year from all vaccines combined. And don't tell me it is false numbers, you think it's so easy to report on vears? Anti vaxxers have been around since vears was created and there are millions of them, why don't they create made up injuries?

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So far we’ve been seeing many more vaccinated people spread it.

I don't know where you're getting that from, but if it is true it is probably because unvaccinated people tend to also be those who think covid is fake and don't bother testing for it or informing others that they were infected.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:22 am
English3 wrote:
Rare side effects hummm... You mean the vaccine is rare not well done. Over 9000 deaths reported on vears is quite rare it's usually 200 a year from all vaccines combined. And don't tell me it is false numbers, you think it's so easy to report on vears? Anti vaxxers have been around since vears was created and there are millions of them, why don't they create made up injuries?

This is the first year in many decades that hundreds of millions of Americans are getting vaccinated all at the same time.

English3

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:27 am
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
This is the first year in many decades that hundreds of millions of Americans are getting vaccinated all at the same time.

again million of kids get vaccinated yearly I am sure that flu vaccine covers millions of adults to. Less than 50% of USA are double jabbed. I wonder how many get the flu vaccine?

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:50 am
English3 wrote:
again million of kids get vaccinated yearly I am sure that flu vaccine covers millions of adults to. Less than 50% of USA are double jabbed. I wonder how many get the flu vaccine?

I've been getting the flu vaccine since it first came out. Last year I actually caught the flu even though I was vaccinated. Luckily I had a mild case bec the vaccine lessened the severity of my symptoms. Same is true of the covid vaccine. Nobody claims it's 100 percent effective against covid. But like the flu it is effective against severe symptoms in most people.

English3

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:49 am
It still doesn't justify the amount of 'rare' side effects reported world wide. It can't prove whether it will reduce the symptoms, most young people had this mildly or were asymptomatic. Vaccinated people are also on ventilators.
I am waiting for the day that fauci and his crew will admit that science is not science any more and is purely manipulated to serve their purpose to get the entire world vaccinated with as many shots as they deem necessary.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics