Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
How do unorganized kids manage in camp??

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:12 pm
I packed everything neatly for my son and explained what to do/ how to do things, but I know that his stuff will be flying all over the place. Anxious mom here... How do these kids manage without mom??
Yes, it's my first time sending to sleepaway camp. Yes, I know somehow they all manage, but I'm still so nervous. Help calm my nerves!!

Petra

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:25 pm
Take it for granted that he will come back with lighter luggage. That's just the way it is.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:29 pm
His counselors will help him but keep your expectations very low. He might come home with no socks left, mildewy towels and really smelly toes but he'll be alive and happy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:35 pm
LOL at least you guys made me laugh!! Lol, for the past few days I kept giving instructions, but I'm assuming it all went in one ear and out the other...

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:38 pm
I work at a camp (girls camp but still) and second what previous posters posted. Your expectations should be that he come home happy and healthy and missing many of the items you sent him off with. Just add the price into your cost for the summer…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children