Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Can my healthy weight change?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:05 pm
For most of my adult life when not pregnant or postpartum, I weighed 118 lbs, I was about a size 4. Now I'm in my high 30s and my baby is 2 but I'm still about 10 lbs more than that. Having a hard time dieting. I'm wondering if its possible that even if 118 was a healthy weight for me a decade ago, now my body wanta to stay at where I'm now.
Is it possible that your set point changes?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:34 pm
People naturally gain weight as they age because metabolism slows. You're at that age now (as am I - so I know!).

Don't fight your body too hard for 10 lbs. Studies show that people who are slightly overweight live longer than people who are not overweight.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:24 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
People naturally gain weight as they age because metabolism slows. You're at that age now (as am I - so I know!).

Don't fight your body too hard for 10 lbs. Studies show that people who are slightly overweight live longer than people who are not overweight.

I’m not sure if living longer but interesting data out of ICU patients that those with higher weights often come out of serious illness better than those who are thinner.

Being metabolically healthy is a thing.

Once you gain weight your body will defend the higher weight but there is also research that prevention of weight gain is more productive a d simpler than weight loss. I’d be flabbergasted if I ever got to 128…
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise