Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Just washing sheitel

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:26 am
Where can I get my sheitel just washes, not set. Or is it complicated to wash it myself? I had it highlighted and it smells like chemicals I can't handle it. Will washing it/getting it washed ruin the color?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where can I get my sheitel just washes, not set. Or is it complicated to wash it myself? I had it highlighted and it smells like chemicals I can't handle it. Will washing it/getting it washed ruin the color?

You can wash it yourself - just be careful.
Here are some basic instructions:
Wash in lukewarm (not hot or cold) water
Use a small amount of shampoo but make sure to get all the areas that can be oily (nape of neck, bangs if there is)
Rinse thoroughly and then start with conditioner
Use a small amount diluted in water (use a washing cup), start by pouring on the bottom third of the wig and then add more water to the mixture before pouring onto the middle section of the wig. Repeat for the top - at this point the mixture should be mostly water and take care not to pour any on the skin top part of the wig.
Rinse completely and let it dry Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
You can wash it yourself - just be careful.
Here are some basic instructions:
Wash in lukewarm (not hot or cold) water
Use a small amount of shampoo but make sure to get all the areas that can be oily (nape of neck, bangs if there is)
Rinse thoroughly and then start with conditioner
Use a small amount diluted in water (use a washing cup), start by pouring on the bottom third of the wig and then add more water to the mixture before pouring onto the middle section of the wig. Repeat for the top - at this point the mixture should be mostly water and take care not to pour any on the skin top part of the wig.
Rinse completely and let it dry Wink

Thank you!! And do you think it'll be easier if I wash in shower/sink/bath/bowl..

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:02 pm
Good instructions for washing and setting a wig at home.
https://youtu.be/O8h11GGTso4

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 3:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!! And do you think it'll be easier if I wash in shower/sink/bath/bowl..

I prefer the bathtub because I have long wigs and the faucet there is high enough, otherwise sink is fine.

jflower

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:19 am
Just be aware that the sheitel will probably need to be styled after washing. Or is it a curly sheitel that you will let dry naturally?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels