Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Do u feel uv found ur community?
Previous  1  2

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:11 am
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:

(Btw, please don't use texting spelling here. It's hard to read )

LOL @ Btw in this sentence LOL

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:15 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
LOL @ Btw in this sentence LOL

LOL LOL

You're right!

Teomima

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:35 am
As a child and when I was a single adult I moved back and forth between the States and Israel. A couple of years after we got married, dh and I moved to our current community and we love it. The neighborhood has blossomed around us and we're very happy here. We used to dream, like many people, of some day moving somewhere a little more remote, with more space, but I honestly can't see us ever leaving here. The majority of our family lives within walking distance/a short drive/bus ride away, and that also makes it feel very special.

Is it perfect? No. Is it our dream home? Not at all. But I as walk through the streets I pass and greet people I know, friends and friendly neighbors. The kids always run into friends when we go to the park. Everything we need is available within walking distance. What more could we really ask for?

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:37 am
People don't look for a community. We're born into one and BH I like mine.
The question is if you've found the Eibishter.
Not entirely, but I am looking. I am erlich and I daven to the Eibishter everyday He should help me find Him and feel His presence.

zebra111

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:54 am
Teomima u said that so nicely. I guess u build up ur life around u wherever u decide to plant urself

ora_43

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 2:42 pm
I don't really feel like there's one dream community out there for us. Different things have been more and less important at different stages of life. And there are always a few places that have what we need, I think. It's more a question of finding one that works, and making it ours.

BH I'm happy with where we are now. I could see us staying here for quite a while.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 3:49 pm
Sorry, didn't realize this was not in the Israel section.
Let me just sum up, it's complicated.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 5:59 am
11 years here and just woke up to the fact that I do NOT want to stay in my community forever... but nowhere else to move to.

amother
Moccasin

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 6:33 am
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
People don't look for a community. We're born into one and BH I like mine.
The question is if you've found the Eibishter.
Not entirely, but I am looking. I am erlich and I daven to the Eibishter everyday He should help me find Him and feel His presence.

Lucky you, I guess.

Editing to add a little more, cuz that was just me feeling and acting bitter. But I do envy those who can stay where they grew up, within existing social network etc. I would love to have been “born into one” like that. While I do feel like I belong to a global community/identity so to speak, I don’t think I have a place to live in this world where I naturally have ties. Yes I need to find my place. And no I haven’t yet.

Made aliyah two years ago. Moved once already. Feeling down about this.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions