Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Not sure what forum - would you buy furniture from deceased?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:14 pm
From Someone that was nebach killed in the Surfside tragedy - their family is selling their beds, etc.
would you buy it? Is it wrong?

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:15 pm
No I think the opposite, I’m assuming the family could use the money and you would be doing them a favor

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:16 pm
I hear, interesting perspective. I’m not sure if I’d keep thinking whose beds I’m sleeping on! And just start crying 😢

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:38 pm
Oyshhh. Yeah I would not be comfortable with that

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:39 am
I was thinking oh like an estate sale that's so common-but then I opened the thread nope not the same.

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:53 am
I know many ppl that specifically look for a newly divorced couple to buy all their stuff from when they are marrying off a child. Most ppl I discussed this with thought it was so normal. But this is different. It’s too scary and sad I think. I would totally cry every time I even looked at those beds!

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 2:02 am
It's totally fine. The families need to get rid of the stuff, and your buying it will help them clear out, and probably give them a certain amount of comfort (not to mention cash, which they may need as well).

When we got married, we bought our beds from a couple getting divorced. We're happily married grandparents - though by now we've replaced the beds.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 3:00 am
Why not. That is generally why there are estate sales. If people are selling beds I assume they need the money so why not support them if you can use the objects.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:03 am
were people able to retrieve their furniture and belongings from the collapsed building? I thought not....

amother
Mulberry

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:06 am
anonymrs wrote:
were people able to retrieve their furniture and belongings from the collapsed building? I thought not....

Assuming she means someone who was there visiting and lives somewhere else.

I dont think I'd be able to do it in this case. I have too much anxiety surrounding this whole situation in general. From an older person who died of natural causes I would be ok.

imasinger

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:28 am
I would.

Their tragedy is not catching through their furniture.

It's helping someone suffering from the tragedy to move forward.

When I was first living on my own, I bought a bed that belonged to the author of a book I loved as a child. He had actually died in that bed (of something not contagious), and now, a few years later, his wife was downsizing.

I considered it an honor. Buying it helped both the widow, and me.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:00 am
Why ever not? Death is not catchy.
I remember when my parents were clearing out my grandparent's home after the past had past, and they gave away and sold a lot of their furniture.
What could possibly be wrong with that? It is helping the family get rid of things to clear out the apartments.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hear, interesting perspective. I’m not sure if I’d keep thinking whose beds I’m sleeping on! And just start crying 😢

I’d use it for a guest room. Not for my own bedroom.

verysoon

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:13 am
Sorry for reviving this thread.
I don't see why it should be wrong.
We recently bought a house where the previous owner had passed away. But I'm not worried about this. Because according to Feng Shui, it's thought that negative energy dissipates naturally over time. And I believe in this.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:34 am
I think if the ppl RL were in their place in Surfside I wouldn’t buy the things from surfside. But maybe from another house they owned they weren’t in at the time? Like if they had a place in surfside, a summer home, their regular home, place in Israel-any place they weren’t would be ok.

cbsp

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:58 am
verysoon wrote:
We recently bought a house where the previous owner had passed away. But I'm not worried about this. Because according to Feng Shui, it's thought that negative energy dissipates naturally over time. And I believe in this.

This thread is more than 2.5 years old. I think OP already decided (and I'm heartbroken that you knowingly revived such a sensitive thread Crying for no actual helpful purpose.)

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 7:59 am
verysoon wrote:

Are you new here ? There’s forum etiquette.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 11:18 am
amother OP wrote:
From Someone that was nebach killed in the Surfside tragedy - their family is selling their beds, etc.
would you buy it? Is it wrong?

How is that even possible? Everything was turned to rubble.

cbsp

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 11:32 am
amother Lilac wrote:
How is that even possible? Everything was turned to rubble.

Can we please not do this? (please think about how you said what you said)

The thread is old, it was reactivated now for some unexplained reason... I'm reporting it to ask it to be locked...

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Mar 08 2024, 11:39 am
verysoon wrote:

Seriously? You knowingly bumped an almost 3 yr old thread which also happens to be a very sensitive subject, to give your opinion?

Please use some common sense before bumping threads in the future, this is really not appropriate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics