Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Good app to learn millim?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:10 am
Anyone have experience with one? Tell me about it. Looking primarily for my own use, not my kids, although I may let my kids use it too if they want.

Yes, I could just memorize the millim off a list, but realistically I find it hard to motivate myself to do rote memorization. I think I will do better if it is done in a way that feels more like a game.

Thanks.

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:28 am
Try Torahgames.org

They may have a game to help. I don't know if it's on the level you are looking for.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:45 am
LiLIsraeli wrote:
Try Torahgames.org

They may have a game to help. I don't know if it's on the level you are looking for.

Thanks, this is great!

Miri1

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone have experience with one? Tell me about it. Looking primarily for my own use, not my kids, although I may let my kids use it too if they want.

Yes, I could just memorize the millim off a list, but realistically I find it hard to motivate myself to do rote memorization. I think I will do better if it is done in a way that feels more like a game.

Thanks.

Memorizing lists of words, in my opinion, is a waste of efforts anyway. And it is very understandable that you're not motivated to do it Smile

The best way to learn millim is through context, or by looking at interconnected shorashim.
I'm sorry I don't have an app for you, but I just wanted to encourage you not to force yourself to learn lists by rote!

If you want to do it the non app way, getting ahold of the words inside a sentence might be helpful.
Or writing your own sentences with the words.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics