Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
New reality show debuting! Post your funniest hospital stor
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:58 am
Stories
I’m being entertained by the surroundings here lol but need more!

Please share

hodeez

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:07 am
Of all the times I've been in the hospital, nothing funny has ever happened.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:12 am
Well, there was the time I was nursing my eldest in the hospital with the curtain around the bed closed. A doctor asked if it was ok to come in and I said yes even though I wasn't entirely covered, since I figured it was the hospitalist who had already seen everything anyway. Oops! It turned out it was someone from our new pediatric practice and I hadn't recognized the name since they all use their first names only and I was a brand new mother who had yet to meet any of the pediatricians. I was so embarrassed! He was really nice and backed out really quickly to give me a chance to get myself together.

ETA: A nursing cover is always the first item I pack for subsequent labors.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:19 am
Well, I almost died and they were bh able to save my life. Funny enough?

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:26 am
My son was in the PICU getting chemo under observation. My husband came after work and was watching a playoff game from I don’t remember which major league sports. The team he was going for missed a play and he BOOed *really* loud. At that same second, a nurses aide walked in to take vitals. She thought he was booing her and walked right back out and refused to come back in. Funny not funny.

I agree hospitals are entertaining. Lots of things would be funny if they weren’t so sad. Like my 1yo flushing his own central line. Or even better, pulling out his central line while getting tpn. Or calling a cbc and “abc” .

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:37 am
After one of my births I was sharing a room with another frum woman. Her father came to visit and when she told him my name he got very excited because he knew my fil. He walked over and started opening my curtain so he could talk to me, but my hair was uncovered and I was only wearing the short sleeve, low neck hospital gown. I shrieked, he ran. And I'm sure he never tried that again.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
My son was in the PICU getting chemo under observation. My husband came after work and was watching a playoff game from I don’t remember which major league sports. The team he was going for missed a play and he BOOed *really* loud. At that same second, a nurses aide walked in to take vitals. She thought he was booing her and walked right back out and refused to come back in. Funny not funny.

I agree hospitals are entertaining. Lots of things would be funny if they weren’t so sad. Like my 1yo flushing his own central line. Or even better, pulling out his central line while getting tpn. Or calling a cbc and “abc” .

Right, funny not funny but it’s only finding the “funny” that keeps us going through these visits/admissions.

We once had a resident in the ER come in to say we’re being admitted to the PICU because my child had an ear infection LOL I said sorry, an ear infection doesn’t cause oxygen desaturation. A second later the attending walked in and said ok, oncology wants you admitted. (And I already knew that we were going to be admitted when I spoke to the oncologist on the phone).

And your baby sounds adorable. He should be friends with my little patient and talk “shop”. (Omg about the pulled line Can't Believe It )

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:39 am
Notsobusy wrote:
After one of my births I was sharing a room with another frum woman. Her father came to visit and when she told him my name he got very excited because he knew my fil. He walked over and started opening my curtain so he could talk to me, but my hair was uncovered and I was only wearing the short sleeve, low neck hospital gown. I shrieked, he ran. And I'm sure he never tried that again.

Omg!
Cracking up

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:39 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Well, I almost died and they were bh able to save my life. Funny enough?

Will change that to happy Smile)

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right, funny not funny but it’s only finding the “funny” that keeps us going through these visits/admissions.

We once had a resident in the ER come in to say we’re being admitted to the PICU because my child had an ear infection LOL I said sorry, an ear infection doesn’t cause oxygen desaturation. A second later the attending walked in and said ok, oncology wants you admitted. (And I already knew that we were going to be admitted when I spoke to the oncologist on the phone).

And your baby sounds adorable. He should be friends with my little patient and talk “shop”. (Omg about the pulled line Can't Believe It )
He’s 7 now and doesn’t remember any of it (“Mommy, did I ever get a blood test in my life? Right I never slept in a hospital? Does Totty also have an extra belly button?”) but I will never forget.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:04 am
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
He’s 7 now and doesn’t remember any of it (“Mommy, did I ever get a blood test in my life? Right I never slept in a hospital? Does Totty also have an extra belly button?”) but I will never forget.

Wow!
Bh!!

GLUE

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:04 am
One year I was in the hospital on Tish A’Bov right outside my room was a Karaoke machine the whole time I was there nobody used it. On Tish A’Bov one of the patients started to use it, the next thing you new a whole bunch of patients and aids and nurses were singing and dancing right out side my room for quite some time. My husband came in middle of the whole sing-a-long and said that he never expected to see the Novi’s words play out in real life.

The Novi spoke how the Jew’s will be in morning but the non-Jew’s will be singing and dancing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:07 am
One Hoshana Rabah in the picu trying to daven while my child napped. Nurses were having a discussion on how old they were when they found out the truth about yoshka/gifts and one nurse was concerned about her 9 year old still believing... I laughed so hard into my machzir. Covered my face shaking laughter LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:07 am
GLUE wrote:
One year I was in the hospital on Tish A’Bov right outside my room was a Karaoke machine the whole time I was there nobody used it. On Tish A’Bov one of the patients started to use it, the next thing you new a whole bunch of patients and aids and nurses were singing and dancing right out side my room for quite some time. My husband came in middle of the whole sing-a-long and said that he never expected to see the Novi’s words play out in real life.

The Novi spoke how the Jew’s will be in morning but the non-Jew’s will be singing and dancing.

Oy vey

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
One Hoshana Rabah in the picu trying to daven while my child napped. Nurses were having a discussion on how old they were when they found out the truth about yoshka/gifts and one nurse was concerned about her 9 year old still believing... I laughed so hard into my machzir. Covered my face shaking laughter LOL

You mean Santa Claus?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:17 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
You mean Santa Claus?

Yup
We call “him” yoshka pondrak

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 12:02 pm
Irritating roommates, how funny
Arbitrary hospital rules, very funny
Rude nurses, extremely funny
Doctors who don’t know anything , also super funny
Non existent baby nurseries after you had a c section, funny
I can go on, should I?

Is my life funny enough for you?

suremom

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 12:59 pm
Sneaking food into the NICU? Hiding drinks in baby blankets? Baby having 3 'Dads' (only parents allowed overnight)?
The nurse who kept on yelling "it's quiet time" takes the cake Laugh

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup
We call “him” yoshka pondrak

I know it's a nickname for their moshiach but why also Santa? Never heard we needed a codename for him.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:39 pm
DD spent a lot of time in the hospital in the first two years of her life. Once, while at home, she found my iPhone charger and tried to insert it like IV. It was really funny but also sad. I got the whole thing on video Smile
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics