Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Help ! Overwhelmed for this years school schedule
Previous  1  2

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 10:59 am
There are some daycares that have after school clubs for primary, and for sure some of them work on transportation there.
I live in Lakewood and my kids don't always get bussing (also small schools) so I feel for you!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:20 am
Thanks so much for all of these ideas. I might just call lakeway and set up something for the 4:40 ones. Since the 4 one is alone and is young I’ll probably just wait that one hour till I get him. I have to keep trying bc I don’t think this will be a normal daily thing for me to do … and I can’t bother the school too much bc I feel like it was my choice to move out of Lakewood so why should they help… getting them on a Lakewood bus might be worth it but maybe only for the 4pm one. I’ll lose the aid in lue but maybe save my sanity

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for all of these ideas. I might just call lakeway and set up something for the 4:40 ones. Since the 4 one is alone and is young I’ll probably just wait that one hour till I get him. I have to keep trying bc I don’t think this will be a normal daily thing for me to do … and I can’t bother the school too much bc I feel like it was my choice to move out of Lakewood so why should they help… getting them on a Lakewood bus might be worth it but maybe only for the 4pm one. I’ll lose the aid in lue but maybe save my sanity

Okay… so the 4pm dismissal will get off at the closest Lakewood stop- you’ll probably have to provide an address near the stop so think if you know anyone there
The 4:40 will go with lakeway
You will pick up one 3pm dismissal at 2:50 and the other at 3
That could work… and you’ll only be out from approximately 2:45-3;15 then an hour later to pick up at the Lakewood bus stop
Doable

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:40 am
I live OOT
No bus
We paid a mini bus driver to do this
The kind that usually advertises to take to the airport
The person loved the solution because it was steady work
It was expensive though.

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 12:09 pm
I’ve been driving my daughter to camp on cross street for camp and I’m going crazy. 15-20 minutes each way of traffic. This is the last week of camp. Can’t imagine doing it all year. In the beginning it might seem doable to pick up every day but after a few weeks you’ll be going nuts so good to make arrangements now. Good luck.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:53 pm
I live in the brookhill area.
I drive one child to Madison Avenue every day
Then another to cross street
Pick up is both of those kids plus another on oak.
As a friend from Brooklyn told me when I was trying to convince her to move here…”ladies in Lakewood spend half the day driving their kids around.”
Apparently she’s right.
She said that in Brooklyn they walk or have busses that come to the house.

mommyla

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 3:37 pm
Can you carpool with other people who are going to the same general area? Most schools have similar dismissal times, so if someone's going from (let's say) Manchester to pick up from YTT, you can carpool with your kid in Tashbar. Rather than looking for parents in your exact school, try broadening it to "Oak Street" or "Cross Street" or whatever.

galbis

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 5:12 pm
I have a similar situation but we're able to get a group of 13-14 boys together and hire a driver with a 15 passenger van for some of the pickups. Do you think you can find other boys who live not too far from away to do this? You can even do it with 2 schools that aren't too far from each other if you need more boys to fill it up. You can pm me for a number of someone who has van drivers working for him.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:18 am
Yup I spend a crazy amount of time in the car morning and noon. I called lakeway. For 2 rides, 4pm and 4:40 Monday-Friday it would be $792 per month. And that’s with me still going to get my 2:50 and 3pm kids. If I split with just one other mom it would be almost 400 a month. Really no way to get a bunch of kids into one van because of the different dismissal times. It’s only me and one other parent. The rest get Lakewood bus and drive there (wouldn’t work for me) still trying to figure out.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup I spend a crazy amount of time in the car morning and noon. I called lakeway. For 2 rides, 4pm and 4:40 Monday-Friday it would be $792 per month. And that’s with me still going to get my 2:50 and 3pm kids. If I split with just one other mom it would be almost 400 a month. Really no way to get a bunch of kids into one van because of the different dismissal times. It’s only me and one other parent. The rest get Lakewood bus and drive there (wouldn’t work for me) still trying to figure out.

Why don’t you use the bus money they give for that. If you use the bus money and add another person you probably really aren’t paying a very high amount.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:25 am
You get 100 per month per kid from TR so if you’re spending $400 , it’s really $200. Not nothing , but I’d say worth sanity.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:34 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
With bussing the staggered dismissal made sense.
Without bussing it’s impossible.
I know some mothers have their kids wait in the school lobby for the next pickup. Not ideal but it’s done.

This. The office staff keeps an eye out for them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 12:00 pm
I would definitely use the aid in leu towards this but only if the other mom agrees. If she doesn’t join it will be $8000 a year plus having only one of my kids in a car with out a friend kind of scares me. I’m hoping this works out. My school would never watch the kids in the office. If I ever came late (which is so rare) even if it was 10 min I got a call saying “we’re no babysitters” so…. Yup:)

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
I live in the brookhill area.
I drive one child to Madison Avenue every day
Then another to cross street
Pick up is both of those kids plus another on oak.
As a friend from Brooklyn told me when I was trying to convince her to move here…”ladies in Lakewood spend half the day driving their kids around.”
Apparently she’s right.
She said that in Brooklyn they walk or have busses that come to the house.

When I look into camps the first thing I look for is location. All camps need to be near each other for my sanity.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries