Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Cars for 8 people

ima-ahava

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:16 pm
Hi, we recently made Aliyah and are thinking about buying a car or not..
we thought we wouldn't do it right now in the beginning (to take some time to arrive and look how we'll be financially; it's not urgent, bc we are working from home), but we have now the opportunity to take over the car from a nice family that we know. it's a mazda 5, 7 seater, 140.000km for 55.000 NIS (only 100.000 on the engine; it had to be replaced bc of recall; mechanics say it's in great shape). anyone more experienced with cars in Israel than us can tell me if this is a good price?? and also - can you give us recommendations for cars/vans for 8 people? what do big families usually drive/have? we are going to move to Shomron soon, near Jerusalem, if that's important to know, but we won't commute much bezH. is leasing an option here?

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:19 pm
Don’t know about pricing but a couple of my neighbors have a Toyota Sienna a few others have a full van (not sure about the model).

Success10

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 1:20 pm
That's an ok price for a Mazda 5 with that much use, I'm not sure if it's considered a great price. We bought ours used (years ago) for 70,000 I think, but I forgot how much use it had at the time. What year is the car?

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 2:10 pm
That's a good price for an 8 seater with a good engine, and not a lot of wear and tear! From what I've seen, Mazda5s seem to be workhorse cars -- they keep going forever for not so much care. If a mechanic you trust (not one the owner brought you!) gives it an inspection and it's good to go, then may you have much bracha.

And welcome!!! You're invited to visit if you ever care to.

Success10

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:10 am
I spoke to my husband about this. He said he would stay away from a car that didn't have the original engine. He wasn't that impressed with the price. Also, I asked him, our Mazda 5 had 80,000km when we bought it for about 75k.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:29 am
Isn't a Mazda 5 a seven-seater?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions