Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Open heart surgery
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 3:32 pm
BH!! My baby is out of surgery and the surgeon said it went well!

cbsp

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 3:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Chasdei Hashem! May she have a quick and pain free recovery

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 3:54 pm
BH!! Thank you so much for that update, I've been thinking about you and your daughter!

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 4:11 pm
My husband is a pediatric cardiologist at Columbia and highly recommends Dr. Bascha!

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 22 2021, 5:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Bh !! The recovery should go very smoothly

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Jul 03 2021, 11:53 pm
Op how's your daughter doing?

My daughter needs the same surgery in the next few weeks. What made you decide to go with Columbia? We are at mount sinai now and met the surgeon but not sure about mt sinai vs Columbia

Just One

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:51 am
Taking my son to Columbia today for a check up. Bezh if everything goes well we can cut down to once annually!
Anybody knows if Columbias chesed room is back up and running?

Last edited by Just One on Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Just One

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:53 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:

My daughter needs the same surgery in the next few weeks. What made you decide to go with Columbia? We are at mount sinai now and met the surgeon but not sure about mt sinai vs Columbia

Just noticed your post now. Is this still a question? How is your daughter doing?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:55 am
Just One wrote:
Taking my son to Columbia today for a check up. Bezh if everything goes well we can cut down to once annually!
Anybody knows if Columbias chesed room is back up and running?

Op here. Yes the chessed room is up and running and was stocked! Its on 6th tower

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:59 am

Missed this also. I went with Columbia since my pediatrician told em that they are known to be the best. She told me if itvwas her kid she would only use Columbia. She told me she has patients that have also been happy at mount sinai but she recommended I go to Columbia.
Mount sinai's program is newer and the person from vaametz libecha pushes it. I was super happy in Columbia. I ended up using Dr. Kalfa as my surgeon and he did an amazing job bh!
Bh my baby is doing great! Has been gaining weight nicely since surgery. We arw making a huge kiddush/seudas hodaah this week shabbos iyh!

Just One

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Op here. Yes the chessed room is up and running and was stocked! Its on 6th tower

Thank you!

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:45 am

My daughter recently had heart surgery at Mt Sinai with Dr. Pass. I was referred to him rather than Columbia by Mrs. landau from Refuah helpline. She claims he’s the best in the country. My pediatrician also referred me to him. We were extremely happy. He’s great in all aspects. He explained the procedure very well to us (was not for a murmur). And after surgery he clearly went over with us what had happened during surgery.
I highly recommend. Hatzlucha.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
My daughter recently had heart surgery at Mt Sinai with Dr. Pass. I was referred to him rather than Columbia by Mrs. landau from Refuah helpline. She claims he’s the best in the country. My pediatrician also referred me to him. We were extremely happy. He’s great in all aspects. He explained the procedure very well to us (was not for a murmur). And after surgery he clearly went over with us what had happened during surgery.
I highly recommend. Hatzlucha.

My sibling was recently recommended Dr. Pass because supposedly he specializes in a certain area. I dont know what's wrong with the baby but she was told he's a mumcha in whatever her baby has.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
My sibling was recently recommended Dr. Pass because supposedly he specializes in a certain area. I dont know what's wrong with the baby but she was told he's a mumcha in whatever her baby has.

Dr. Pass is great! He saved my nephews life bh. Even Boston didn’t want to touch him

alef12

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 2:16 pm
Re: the poster who wrote that the Mt Sinai program is "new"

I've been going to Mt Sinai Pediatric Cardiology (now called Childrens Heart Center) for my heart since I was born 40 years ago. My original doctor Dr Steinfeld (he was an old man when he first started seeing me on 1981) was one of the forerunners of the field of Pediatric Cardiology.

I don't know anything about the program at Columbia but I do know I have received great cwre at Mt Sinai throughout the years

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 2:43 pm
Also told that certain surgeons are better for certain issues.bh my baby's issue is a fairly simple one and both cardiologists I saw, told me any of the surgeons would be great at this.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:42 pm
alef12 wrote:
Re: the poster who wrote that the Mt Sinai program is "new"

I've been going to Mt Sinai Pediatric Cardiology (now called Childrens Heart Center) for my heart since I was born 40 years ago. My original doctor Dr Steinfeld (he was an old man when he first started seeing me on 1981) was one of the forerunners of the field of Pediatric Cardiology.

I don't know anything about the program at Columbia but I do know I have received great cwre at Mt Sinai throughout the years

Probably meaning the new top doctors working there the last couple of years. They also redid the cardiac unit and it’s beautiful!
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics