Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Better to get vaccine in 2nd or 3rd triemster?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:06 am
On one hand, I want to wait until 3rd trimester as I feel like the risk of something CV happening to baby decreases over time. OTOH, if CV something happens, it should be as early as possible... Cv cv cv please no Hashem

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:23 pm
bump

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:27 pm
My doctor told me to wait after I have the baby but I’m still undecided if I should take the vaccine or not…

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:31 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
My doctor told me to wait after I have the baby but I’m still undecided if I should take the vaccine or not…

Same here, and the Rav that I asked also recommended to wait until after birth. How many weeks are you now? I'm 29 weeks and every week I get to I'm so grateful bh.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:32 pm
My ob gyn is telling al patients in his practice that he does not advise the vaccine
(Clearly he feels its more of a risk in a healthy young person than covid is)

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
On one hand, I want to wait until 3rd trimester as I feel like the risk of something CV happening to baby decreases over time. OTOH, if CV something happens, it should be as early as possible... Cv cv cv please no Hashem

Why do you feel so scared of covid that you would vacinate if you feel there is a risk of something happening to the baby? Many people I know have had
Covid while pregnant bh and all pulled through just fine. It is not common to get deathly ill from covid while pregnant, a lot of this is sensationalized IMO

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 1:36 pm
I just took it at 25 weeks. My doctor strongly recommended it and I feel very relieved that I got it. Baby's been moving plenty since I got it.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 2:05 pm
I got it beginning of second trimester and baby's here and healthy. I don't know if she has full antibodies Grimm me though since it was so long ago

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 3:56 pm
I'm scared because apparently getting covid can cause mis. And maybe so can the vaccine. Ahhh I don't know what to do

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm scared because apparently getting covid can cause mis. And maybe so can the vaccine. Ahhh I don't know what to do

if it were me and these were the possibilities, id be more at ease of it having happened naturally vs intentionally, intentionally I mean that the V causing a mis chvsh. So many reports of mis after V, more than Ive heard of natural covid. Id ditch the vax. theres not enough info yet.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:02 pm
amother [ DarkGray ] wrote:
if it were me and these were the possibilities, id be more at ease of it having happened naturally vs intentionally, intentionally I mean that the V causing a mis chvsh. So many reports of mis after V, more than Ive heard of natural covid. Id ditch the vax. theres not enough info yet.

Yes this was the reason for my decision.

guest2

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:09 pm
I dont understand. If doctors and rav are against what is the question.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:11 pm
guest2 wrote:
I dont understand. If doctors and rav are against what is the question.

My dr is not against it- he recommends it in 2nd or 3rd trimester. And I don't know which rav to aks. I believe that all of mine will say to take it.

You're right about the intentional. But also, I guess it's kind of intentional if I have a chance to protect myself from a mis cv and I don't take it. I['m just traumatized because my first pregnancy was a mis and this is my second pregnancy which has bh bah been healthy so far. So I'm scared

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:12 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Same here, and the Rav that I asked also recommended to wait until after birth. How many weeks are you now? I'm 29 weeks and every week I get to I'm so grateful bh.

I am 33 weeks. And yes. Same here.

guest2

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:13 pm
My primary doctor told me that if I want to get it I should before I become pregnant.

medola

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:20 pm
I’m 30 weeks now. Got my first dose at 9 weeks and second at 12, per my OB’s advice. Baby is moving plenty. I have asthma and getting full blown COVID would have been very be dangerous for me and baby. No regrets. (Pfizer)

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My dr is not against it- he recommends it in 2nd or 3rd trimester. And I don't know which rav to aks. I believe that all of mine will say to take it.

You're right about the intentional. But also, I guess it's kind of intentional if I have a chance to protect myself from a mis cv and I don't take it. I['m just traumatized because my first pregnancy was a mis and this is my second pregnancy which has bh bah been healthy so far. So I'm scared

Actually the studies coming out show that the vaccine does not increase risk of miscarriage. I think there was one in the new England journal of medicine with over 30000 pregnant women enrolled in the study. It seems like covid is actually a bigger risk for miscarriage (and other adverse effects, for example, if the mom gets covid and her oxygen levels drop, the lack of oxygen affects the developing fetus).

I want to add that I've dealt with pregnany loss so I understand the anxiety surrounding it. But it really doesn't look like the vaccine is causing pregnancy loss

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I want to tell you to leave it alone. Take care of yourself. Shev v'al taaseh
No one can argue this has enough testing behind it. You do the best you can- that doesn't involve putting something into your body with unknown effects.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Actually the studies coming out show that the vaccine does not increase risk of miscarriage. I think there was one in the new England journal of medicine with over 30000 pregnant women enrolled in the study. It seems like covid is actually a bigger risk for miscarriage (and other adverse effects, for example, if the mom gets covid and her oxygen levels drop, the lack of oxygen affects the developing fetus).

I want to add that I've dealt with pregnany loss so I understand the anxiety surrounding it. But it really doesn't look like the vaccine is causing pregnancy loss

Can you link the study? Moderna just released they are starting a trial on pregnant women, but I didnt think any, with numbers of that scale were done yet. For now, it still says in the insert that the vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:00 pm
Please don’t take it. I say this because as a fellow Jewish mother, carrying a Jewish baby, I can’t help but worry even though you’re a stranger. I don’t care to push any agendas, I would keep my mouth shut in any other situation.

I don’t know everything, far from it, but I know enough to know that I DONT know. And to put something with so little studies into your pregnant body, nobody can say for certain if it will affect your baby or not.

If you’re scared of COVID, protect yourself in other ways! Triple mask with n95 if that makes you feel better! Sanitize everything, act like we all did in March 2020. Besides, vaccinated people are catching it as well.

I don’t know if this is controversial or not, but Dr. Zelenko has a whole protocol to protect yourself as well. Please wait until the baby is out if you want to vaccinate.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics