Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
I want to go on retirement from cooking
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:34 pm
No one appreciates when I cook and work hard on suppers. Maybe I should just let my dh find his own supper to eat from now on. I have to prepare separate supper for my picky lo either ways so why bother Exploding anger

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:36 pm
No way. It’s take it or leave it here. I don’t run a restaurant

WaterKissed

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:42 pm
Me too.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 7:50 pm
Ugh I feel you. I try to make at least one thing he'll eat and then he's on his own to supplement with cereal or whatever.

English3

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:01 pm
I don't think I was created with the ability to cook. It's my diagnosis cookasitis; hate cooking.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:25 pm
Me too

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:27 pm
My husband didn't even thank me or say supper was good. When he saw me make it with cranky kids, at least let me know if you like it or not Can't Believe It

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My husband didn't even thank me or say supper was good. When he saw me make it with cranky kids, at least let me know if you like it or not Can't Believe It

Yeah and sometimes he says he’s too busy to eat! when I say it takes away my motivation to cook he eats and then he says an hour later
I ate your compote, the whole bowl!
And I’m like yay thank you!
like how much should I pay you for eating my food! Argh
LOL (or FOF- frown on face!)

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:45 pm
Sorry this thread isn't hug-enabled.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 8:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Some men's philosophy is "if I'm eating it, that means it's good". Maybe ask him if he enjoyed it and tell him how you wanted to cook for him even though the kids were driving you bananas.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:53 pm
I stopped cooking a year, year and a half ago. no one ever noticed. even for shabbos and yomtov - I just make simple stuff and call it a day.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:54 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
No way. It’s take it or leave it here. I don’t run a restaurant

Same here. I make one dinner eat it or help yourself.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:00 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I stopped cooking a year, year and a half ago. no one ever noticed. even for shabbos and yomtov - I just make simple stuff and call it a day.

Please explain. What do you serve for suppers? Shabbos?
I wish I could do that but don't know how.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 6:28 pm
I stopped most of my cooking too. I had enough! I’ve thrown out tons of food, so now I cook for me!

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:38 pm
I’m with you! I make supper three times a day...it’s insane! Once for dh and me, once for dc 1 that likes just potatoes and pasta, and once for dc 2 that is super sensory and barely eats anything....uuuggghh

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I’m with you! I make supper three times a day...it’s insane! Once for dh and me, once for dc 1 that likes just potatoes and pasta, and once for dc 2 that is super sensory and barely eats anything....uuuggghh

That's really tough. I started a spinoff. Please don't think I'm dismissing you, or anyone else here, even those who with less intense stuff going on who are reading this.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:11 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
That's really tough. I started a spinoff. Please don't think I'm dismissing you, or anyone else here, even those who with less intense stuff going on who are reading this.

Yes! I posted there already

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:27 pm
Welcome to my life.

Why does everyone think supper needs to happen every day? Like seriously. I wish we were like camels and could stock up enough once a week.

Last night at 11:30 dh was groaning that he was hungry because I didn't bother to cook. I promised him I would cook tonight so I made meat sauce, pasta, and soup. Well, he grabbed a few bites and ran out to a shiur. Um yeah, now you know why I don't bother.

The kids are fine with pizza and cereal so I lose my motivation completely.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:29 pm
amother [ Opal ] wrote:
Welcome to my life.

Why does everyone think supper needs to happen every day? Like seriously. I wish we were like camels and could stock up enough once a week.

Last night at 11:30 dh was groaning that he was hungry because I didn't bother to cook. I promised him I would cook tonight so I made meat sauce, pasta, and soup. Well, he grabbed a few bites and ran out to a shiur. Um yeah, now you know why I don't bother.

The kids are fine with pizza and cereal so I lose my motivation completely.

I hope you packed up the supper. If he doesn't finish it tonight freeze it for another week.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:55 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
Please explain. What do you serve for suppers? Shabbos?
I wish I could do that but don't know how.

pasta. fish sticks. easy stuff.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen