Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
S/O I want to go on retirement from cooking.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:27 pm
I was about to post the following on the original thread in response to someone and realized that maybe people just need a safe place to vent. But if you're someone who's fed up with cooking, feel free to comment:

Do you enjoy cooking? Do you get pleasure cooking for yourself? Would you - and everyone reading this thread - enjoy cooking more if you were appreciated? I wish enjoyed other housework as much as I enjoy cooking, and especially baking. I love reading about food and food memoirs.

(If everyone here just needs a good vent I'll just go away.)

Motherhood

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:36 pm
Yes! Food always tastes better when I’m not the one deciding what to make and not the one cooking the food. I want to be served!

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 7:54 pm
Motherhood wrote:
Yes! Food always tastes better when I’m not the one deciding what to make and not the one cooking the food. I want to be served!

So so true.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 8:15 pm
Motherhood wrote:

I don't object to serving and deciding but I sure do appreciate it when someone else cooks. Yes, it always tastes better that way.

I enjoy cooking more when it's a hobby and not a necessity. This may explain why in the past few weeks I've barely cooked--who wants to cook in this heat?-- but looked up new recipes and made several utterly unnecessary desserts. If I lived alone I'd probably subsist on commercial baked goods, yogurt, and homemade desserts.

Of course I like it more when people appreciate my cooking--who wouldn't? I love reading cookbooks and clipping or copying recipes, even though if I try one out of every hundred recipes I collect it's a lot. On my to-do list is purging the recipe collection. Mostly I stick to the tried and true.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen