Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Day camp counselor tips
Previous  1  2

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:32 pm
amother [ Cognac ] wrote:
I would. I just feel like $5 looks so cheap. As opposed to a gift card, they can get a sundae or milkshake with it. Do you think counselors would just prefer the cash?

I really do feel bad giving so little...its just that if I give the full amount the camp suggests it would be approx $150 per kid. And with back to school/holiday season coming up it's really hard to lay out so much money

My 15 would probably prefer cash Bec she probably won't go to the ice cream store anytime soon...even a nominal amount is nice.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 9:40 pm
They should really be paying the counselors more. Especially the large camps that are collecting a lot of money from the parents. Speaking as a former counselor who got paid 550 for 8 weeks in a camp that charged 1000 a kid. That said most parents gave $15 tips so that was really nice. And those people who say that the teams go into this knowing that the pay is low and it’s their choice this isn’t fair to say. What other options is there for a 15 year old. No office would’ve hired me to work two months

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:11 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
They should really be paying the counselors more. Especially the large camps that are collecting a lot of money from the parents. Speaking as a former counselor who got paid 550 for 8 weeks in a camp that charged 1000 a kid. That said most parents gave $15 tips so that was really nice. And those people who say that the teams go into this knowing that the pay is low and it’s their choice this isn’t fair to say. What other options is there for a 15 year old. No office would’ve hired me to work two months

Agreed

Although I will say that the day camp that I worked in as a teen really tried to make it fun for counselors also. We had lots of after camp activities, like staff swim, crafts, pizza dinner, watching a Jewish movie. So although we weren't paid much we did have an enjoyable time.

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 10:31 pm
My childs big backyard camp sent a note. Suggested tips between 5 and 10 per counselor. Since there are 4 counselors per bunk, its not that much per kid
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics