Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Laureate oklahoma or center for change for eating disorder
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:45 pm
Does anyone have any experience with any of these places and can tell me about them, we're looking into options for our daughter with anorexia and want to get any information we can
Thank you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 12:55 am
Bump

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Mar 03 2021, 8:18 am
No info but I want to wish you hatzlacha and bump the thread up for you.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Mar 06 2021, 10:02 pm
Are you sure residential is your only option? I know it’s sometimes necessary, but there are definitely risks and if you have a good therapist who does evidence based treatment you may be able to avoid that. Have you tried FBT/Maudsley?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:48 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Are you sure residential is your only option? I know it’s sometimes necessary, but there are definitely risks and if you have a good therapist who does evidence based treatment you may be able to avoid that. Have you tried FBT/Maudsley?

What are the risks of residential? Her therapist is recommending it because she's not doing well at home

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What are the risks of residential? Her therapist is recommending it because she's not doing well at home

Once a patient goes to residential, the relapse rate becomes much higher and full recovery becomes less likely. If her therapist isn’t bringing up FBT, I’d recommend looking into therapists who specialize in that and at least getting an evaluation.

I know it’s confusing and tempting to just send her away, but you can be saving your daughter’s life.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 1:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

OP, do you know what modality of treatment is her therapist using?

Petra

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 7:59 am
I agree to make sure residential is necessary. She should have more than a therapist at this point. She should have a whole team of local consultants. There are intensive outpatient programs and partial inpatient programs without sending her states away. Has she already done one of those? Every situation is unique so in then end, you know what is best.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 9:33 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Once a patient goes to residential, the relapse rate becomes much higher and full recovery becomes less likely. If her therapist isn’t bringing up FBT, I’d recommend looking into therapists who specialize in that and at least getting an evaluation.

I know it’s confusing and tempting to just send her away, but you can be saving your daughter’s life.

Tempting? For real? Were you ever a parent odf a child with an eating disorder?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 10:08 am
I will daven for her.

This is so tragically hard.

How old is she and how long has this been going on for? (If you don't
mind sharing).

Please H-Shem, let this become a healing journey.

Please tell us if she is with a strong FBT therapist? That is usually indicated first.

Do you feel you have proper guidance? There are so many gaps in the help available to guide parents but keep digging, calling etc.

To any responders of this OP: There is NO WAY to understand unless you've been there, either as the victim of the disease or as the loved one. Absolutely no way. Period

Please keep us posted. I feel for you.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 07 2021, 3:47 pm
Petra wrote:
I agree to make sure residential is necessary. She should have more than a therapist at this point. She should have a whole team of local consultants. There are intensive outpatient programs and partial inpatient programs without sending her states away. Has she already done one of those? Every situation is unique so in then end, you know what is best.

I agree- having a team is super important.
There are organizations that provide case management and can help you set up a team for your daughter if you need help with that.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Mar 17 2021, 2:46 am
OP, did everything work out in the end?

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:16 pm
I’m trying to help a friend with her 15 yr old daughter. Please post names of therapists or consultants that can advise of a good treatment plan.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 11:19 pm
Ayelet Hashachar- they have the biggest database of professionals and can guide you where to look
732-523-1337

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 12:57 am
My daughter ended up going to laureate, she was on a waiting list for a long time. Devora Levinson was amazing in guiding us and referring us to the right people and places. She has 20 years experience dealing with this

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 9:24 am
I know this is an old thread but bumping it up because we are considering sending out teen DD to Laureate in Oklahoma and would love to be able to speak to another mom who sent a child there to find out more about their program. OP, or anyone else who reads this who has sent a child there, would you be willing to speak to me? We could set up an anonymous email, or I'll briefly post under my screen name so you can pm me, or if you're more comfortable I can just ask questions on this thread. Terrified of sending her so far from home and want to make sure it's really the right decision before doing it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:16 am
My friend was there. I can give you her contact into if you’d like

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 10:34 am
amother Birch wrote:
I know this is an old thread but bumping it up because we are considering sending out teen DD to Laureate in Oklahoma and would love to be able to speak to another mom who sent a child there to find out more about their program. OP, or anyone else who reads this who has sent a child there, would you be willing to speak to me? We could set up an anonymous email, or I'll briefly post under my screen name so you can pm me, or if you're more comfortable I can just ask questions on this thread. Terrified of sending her so far from home and want to make sure it's really the right decision before doing it.

Hi
I would be happy to answer any questions you have, whatever is easiest for you let me know, if you want to call me I can send you my number.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 11:15 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi
I would be happy to answer any questions you have, whatever is easiest for you let me know, if you want to call me I can send you my number.

So very very kind of you.
Hope both you and your DD are doing well.

amother
Birch

Post Mon, Sep 05 2022, 3:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi

That would be really amazing, thank you. How do you want to get me your phone number? Do you want me to post under my screen name briefly?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children