Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Maybe moving to Lakewood area?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 10:23 pm
Grace, you seem to be getting excited over nothing. First of all I didnt see you retract your 60% comment. And for your info, I couldnt care less if pple had TV's , My main point was that I dont think that many pple have tv's like you said. I myself am not mega yeshivish. I just wonder if you want a TV, and dont feel comfortable about it, why wouldnt you rather live in a community where its more accepted? I think its understandable that pple bringing up their children in lkwd dont want to have their kids over at their neighbors watching TV.

Grace

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 10:54 pm
I was excited b/c I was I was getting frustrated this usually causes 'excitement' even among the even tempered - and was still reeling from the 'guilty' comment.
Were I not comfortable with my TV ownership I quite simply would not have one, finished.
Lakewood is fairly eclectic these days and believe me or not I am in good company with quite a few other TV owners. But seeing as though neither you nor I are going door knocking lets agree to disagree.

I do however agree with you wholeheartedly about other parents not wanting their own children at other ppl's houses where there is a TV. This is exactly why I was saying that perhaps now, more than ever b4 there is a real need for a different type of school. I guess I am harking back to my own schooling whereby I went to a Beis Yaacov type school where most (and this really is the case and not just hyperbole) girls came from nice, frum good homes with TV's. It seems to be the case that if you own a TV your child has to end up in a CO-ed school? Please correct me if im wrong - I am not too educated in this matter.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 11:33 pm
I dont know if you have kids or not, but would'nt you give up your tv so you can get your child into school, if there is no school that will take them. Now that I am thinking about it, what about bais yaakov elementry school (sons of Israels school) , do they take pple with tvs?

Grace

Post Mon, Mar 17 2008, 8:25 am
I would only give up the TV for a school that I was really passionate about, not because im so passionate about the TV (despite how it may seem, Im really not) and cant bear to give it up, but b/c I want to make decisions for my family b/c I think something is wrong/right, not b/c a school is telling me too.....
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating