Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Dear Daughter

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:57 am
Dear Daughter,
we had our 20 week ultrasound last week. I knew you were a girl before they even told me! Ima can't wait to meet you. This is my prayer for you.
I hope you grow up in a house with no anxiety and no shouting. I hope you are calm and independent. I hope you have good middos and I hope you get a good Torah education. I hope you have lots of friends to play with. I hope Tatty and I show you how to make good, healthy choices, how to eat good foods and move your body. I want to model self care for you in a way that my mother did not. To show you the value in caring for your skin, hair, and body. I want to share with you the magic of Shabbos and the excitement of the chaggim. I hope you have good, healthy, relationships and that you won't be afraid of other people. I hope you are better than me at math and languages. I hope you make a good shidduch with a mensch when you are young so you two can grow together, so you can focus on building your career in your twenties, should you choose to have one. I hope you don't waste as much time as I did on men and things that weren't worth it. Is it too early to marry you to (name of friend's kid removed for privacy!)? Thought so. I hope this gives you time to space out your pregnancies as much or as little as you want. And while I don't have that much time, I hope I give you siblings so you can grow up learning to care for others. I hope I do right by you, baby girl.
Love,
Your Ima

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:00 am
Bshaa tova!!!!!

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 2:06 pm
Bisha Tova! That was beautiful. In some way I was having a hard time trying to figure out what to daven for for a healthy daughter and you just helped me so much. For some way it was easier with boys and now am expecting a girl and felt sort of lost.

English3

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:28 pm
Have an easy pregnancy and birth. Enjoy the frills and bows.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club