Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tuition in chicago

anonmother2021

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:03 pm
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me what the tuition is like at the beis yaakov and tiferes tzvi? We are considering moving to this wonderful community but need to know if we can afford it Smile

Thanks in advance.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:06 pm
Sure its public info on the website. I will say 80% of parents receive financial assistances so dont get scared off. https://jdbyytt.org/financial-aid

The lady who is in charge of tuition is the nicest woman. So you can also call her and ask any questions.

Please dont hesitate to PM me if you have any questions

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:45 pm
Chicago is a relatively expensive city in general. However, As pp said, most parents don’t pay full tuition.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:50 pm
Chicago is very mid priced. Cheaper then NY/NJ more expensive then other midwestern communities but I feel like I get what I pay for in a good way. Especially when it comes to kids with various learning needs. The smaller communities that are cheaper could not offer what YTT offers my boys.

anonmother2021

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:54 pm
Thanks so much for this! One of my kids has a specific issue and I have heard that the Chicago schools are really accommodating. He can go to a regular school, but could use some extra help along the way. Would he be able to get this at YTT?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 3:58 pm
anonmother2021 wrote:
Thanks so much for this! One of my kids has a specific issue and I have heard that the Chicago schools are really accommodating. He can go to a regular school, but could use some extra help along the way. Would he be able to get this at YTT?

Yes for sure. The school offers title 1 for the most basic issues, a resource room for more intense needs and then there is a program called reach for kids who need even more then that. https://www.att.org/reach/

My son going into 1st had a really hard year with covid he got kriah help 2x a week and afternoon resource 2x a week at no cost to me.

When my older son needed to be in a therapeutic program they worked with us to do a joint program so he could stay in yeshiva part of the day.

anonmother2021

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 4:27 pm
Thank you so much for this info! I know this is another topic - but is the crime/violence in the area an issue?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 4:32 pm
I would say that violent crime is pretty rare. Its 95% concentrated on the south and west sides that are far from the frum area. There are occasional issues that are closer to west rogers park that come up. In a year I can think of a handful or two of incidents that made me nervous. Some of those did involve people being careless. Its really not something I regularly feel nervous about.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:18 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Yes for sure. The school offers title 1 for the most basic issues, a resource room for more intense needs and then there is a program called reach for kids who need even more then that. https://www.att.org/reach/

My son going into 1st had a really hard year with covid he got kriah help 2x a week and afternoon resource 2x a week at no cost to me.

When my older son needed to be in a therapeutic program they worked with us to do a joint program so he could stay in yeshiva part of the day.

Just adding in here that title 1 depends on which neighborhood you live in. WRP students are eligible, PP students aren't.

anonmother2021

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:50 am
Thank you! That is super helpful. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating