Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Attack in jerusalem
Previous  1  2  3

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 12:15 pm
queen, which way are you talking about. As I said: he was not walking through the arab quarter ... (see ^)

sarahd

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 1:18 pm
Queen, how do you get to the gate that the busses use? It's much more dangerous around there (esp. at night) than going through Shaar Yafo and the Armenian Quarter (which I always thought was comparatively safe.)

queen

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 2:06 pm
my question is---- why would someone even be walking around that area????? I'd think one would just hop on a #2 (or #1) bus that takes one straight onto the kosel plaze.

Years ago I walked through the arab shuk, but that was YEARS ago, AND we were on a tour with an armed guide/guard. Today I'd be scared purple anywhere in that area alone with the exception of the jewish part of the old city.

stem

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 2:07 pm
Buses aren't exactly safe either as we all know. Sad

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 2:08 pm
queen, what do you mean when you say 'that area'. The arab quarter? The old city? Jerusalem?

queen

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 2:09 pm
that area= anywhere outside jewish quarter/kosel area----- which is within/or near wall surrounding kosel/quarter areas.

technic

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 2:11 pm
queen MUCH 2 our amazement, we found ourselves walking thru the arab shuk on chol hamoed pesach this yr (I hadnt done it 4 abt 20 yrs!!!)- the kids just wanted 2 c the beginning of it but we saw a LOT of dati pple going that way so we just continued and bh it was fine...when we mentioned this 2 pple afterwards, they said ud only do it chol hamoed (if at all)...

1stimer

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 2:16 pm
The armenian quarter was always considered safe.

queen, u say 'take a bus' instead, but then there are some that don't take buses because of the fear of a suicide bomb... Anyway, it was a terrible tragedy.

Motek

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 12:49 pm
it should be noted that the first post of this thread has an article that was printed on Aish.com

Quote:
I highly doubt the Rebbe would have "changed his mind" about Eretz Yisroel being the safest place to be. it is always the safest place because it says "Eynei Hashem Elokecha Bah Mereishis Hashana ad Acharis Hashana" "The eyes of Hashem your G-d is on it (the land) from the beginning of the year until the end of the year."

the Rebbe made it quite clear that making concessions to Arabs endangers millions of Jews

The murdered bachur, Shmuel Mett, was a Gerrer Chassid and sadly, was the first Jew murdered following the Gaza and northern Shomron expulsions.

http://www.israel.org/MFA/Terr.....t.htm
Tragically, the Gerer representative in Sharon's Coalition, chairman of the Finance Committee, voted in favor of the Disengagement's budget.

http://www.shame.co.il/mk/lizman.htm
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics