Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Why is it so much cheaper

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:29 pm
I was looking for an item... had an option from amozon or target I realized that taget is so much cheaper in each item why is that? just wondering

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:32 pm
You’re paying for the “free” shipping.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:33 pm
Amazon is almost always more expensive. Paying for the convenience.

gande

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:34 pm
Maybe amazon was out of stock or doesnt carry that product and a 3rd party seller was selling the item for whatever the want. That happens often.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
Amazon is almost always more expensive. Paying for the convenience.

Not always.

Depends for what.

I usually check Amazon, Target, and Walmart before ordering.

Walmart is almost always the cheapest, Target and Amazon it depends on the item.

If there is not a significant difference in price, I go with Amazon so I don't have to worry about shipping minimums. If the difference is significant, I either wait till I have enough in my cart for minimums or I ship to store and pickup.

Another factor is whether I think I will need to return it like clothing. If I might return it, I go with target or Walmart since the return is easier than boxing it up, attaching a label, and shipping.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 5:58 pm
For a lot of smaller items, Amazon is more expensive. I guess it doesn’t pay for them to ship it otherwise.

bsy

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 6:02 pm
I usually find walmart the cheapest. Amazon and target are often the same. Sometimes target a bit cheaper, but I need a minimum for shipping so I do Amazon. I love walmart though so I try to group things together to reach the minimum there.

momlife

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:10 pm
I almost always find target cheaper. With a red card you get free shipping.
Amazon prime is not always 2 day shipping anymore.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:23 pm
Look up retail arbitrage. I used to do it. You literally go to target, walmart and dollar stores buy stuff and sell it on amazon. Because you can. People don't usually bother to shop around.

challahchallah

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 12:00 am
causemommysaid wrote:
Not always.

Depends for what.

I usually check Amazon, Target, and Walmart before ordering.

Walmart is almost always the cheapest, Target and Amazon it depends on the item.

If there is not a significant difference in price, I go with Amazon so I don't have to worry about shipping minimums. If the difference is significant, I either wait till I have enough in my cart for minimums or I ship to store and pickup.

Another factor is whether I think I will need to return it like clothing. If I might return it, I go with target or Walmart since the return is easier than boxing it up, attaching a label, and shipping.

I have found the same thing.

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 12:29 am
Amazon likes to buy out little companies. If the little guy doesn't want to "partner" with Amazon and give them a cut, then Amazon undercuts their prices and forces the little guy out of business.

To do that, Amazon raises its prices on its other products, so as to cover the deficit. So sometimes certain products will be more expensive than brick and mortar stores (to cover the cost of undercutting a little guy) and sometimes they will be cheaper (if there is a little guy who sells that item, and who Amazon wants to cow into submission).

It depends.

But yes, with Amazon you also pay for the convenience.

https://ilsr.org/fact-sheet-ho.....ness/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics