Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Stunning individual dessert- easy prep!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:49 pm
Preferably to be served on a plate. ( no pie crusts or ramekins/ glass) Any ideas?

amother
Stonewash

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:51 pm
Same. Following!!!
I need smashingly easy.

busy mommy

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:54 pm
Canoli with scoop of ice cream and candied nuts. Make cream for inside ahead of time. Buy canolis, and either buy or make candied nuts

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:58 pm
Buy the mini graham cracker crusts. Fill each with 1 kineret frozen cookie dough.
Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.

Cant get easier than that!

LittleRed

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:59 pm
Make a pan of brownies from a mix. Let some store bought ice cream thaw a bit and spread it on top, filling the pan. You can spread something else across the top of that- chopped nuts/cookie crumbs/fancy sprinkles/frozen or fresh sliced fruit/whatever you want. Put it in the freezer for a while then pop out of the pan and slice into squares.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:00 pm
Hot chocolate cake (either bake brownie in cupcake cases, or a big tray and cut into small portions (use a knife or deep cookie cutter) when cake cool .
Hot choc sauce (transfer liebers sauce into aluminum and leave on edge of platta, or make your own equal amount of ml Richs whip to grams baking chocolate, melt in out and keep in edge of platta)
Vanilla ice cream (bought or homemade)

3 layered ice cream/ sorbet towers

Serve with strawberries, blueberries, sliced kiwi etc... the vibrant colors make an attractive plate

To serve, use two colored sauces and feather them on plate with a toothpick

3 layered choc mousse cake. Cut when frozen.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:01 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Buy the mini graham cracker crusts. Fill each with 1 kineret frozen cookie dough.

And if you really want to work hard drop a square of Rosemarie choc under the cookie (and or some lotus cream) to take it to the next level

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:11 pm

love this! But my fri night dessert is too similar, I need ideas for day meal so nothing warm. Fri night I’m having Duncan Hines brownie with a cookie dough warm with scoop of ice cream
It’s from BetweenCarPools if anyone wants to check it out

Frumme

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:51 pm
Puff pastry is your best friend

Chocolate square pinwheels, drizzle with white chocolate

(This method https://images.app.goo.gl/wMyCzMRbYbsEs1EJ9 )

Puff pastry cups filled with pareve pudding and topped with fresh berries or nuts

https://images.app.goo.gl/xQDZS4mbLXm3Bz896

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 9:52 pm

How long do you bake?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:11 pm
I have a tub of ice cream, white cookie crumbs … any ideas using that?

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:13 pm
Would baked apples go? I love them in the winter. I wash and core apples, fill the cavity with the preflavored maple cinnamon oatmeal packets, and bake on 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size. Delicious warm with a scoop of ice cream.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:16 pm
Press cookie crumbs into bottom of muffin tins. Defrost ice cream slightly, refreeze in muffin tins with crumbs. Flip out to serve. Garnish with chocolate syrup. (Maybe add a wafer roll or two)
(I do this all the time with just ice cream. Not sure if adding the cookie crumbs layer you need to add margarine to help it stick together)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:23 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Press cookie crumbs into bottom of muffin tins. Defrost ice cream slightly, refreeze in muffin tins with crumbs. Flip out to serve. Garnish with chocolate syrup. (Maybe add a wafer roll or two)
(I do this all the time with just ice cream. Not sure if adding the cookie crumbs layer you need to add margarine to help it stick together)
thanks! Can I easily pop out the ice cream from tins on shabbos or it should be done before?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks! Can I easily pop out the ice cream from tins on shabbos or it should be done before?

They come out pretty easily. I guess it depends how long you have to set up dessert, or if you have freezer space for plates ice cream?

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:57 pm
Ooey gooey peanut butter cups
24 per baked mini pie tarts
Baking chocolate
Nut crunch

2/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup peanut butter

8 oz whipping cream

Melt chcolate and brush on rims of pie tarts
Dip into nut crunch.
Melt peanut butter corn syrup and chocolate syrup, pour into pie tarts let it cool.
Beat whip cream and pipe into tarts. Top with more nut crunch or shaved chcolate.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:17 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Ooey gooey peanut butter cups
24 per baked mini pie tarts
Baking chocolate
Nut crunch

2/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup peanut butter

8 oz whipping cream

Melt chcolate and brush on rims of pie tarts
Dip into nut crunch.
Melt peanut butter corn syrup and chocolate syrup, pour into pie tarts let it cool.
Beat whip cream and pipe into tarts. Top with more nut crunch or shaved chcolate.

Sounds heavenly!! Don’t have all those ingredients on hand but definitely bookmarking for another time.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:17 pm
If you are already having the cookie dough/ brownie combo friday night I think you need to go in a totally different direction shabbos.

How about a warm apple streudel (you can use puff pastry for the dough) topped with vanilla glaze and sprinkled with the crushed cookies ( sprinkle when glaze is still wet)
There are also recipes for beautiful fruit salads with granola and fruit sauce which look very fancy

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:18 pm
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
How long do you bake?

I just follow the directions on the back of the box, I don't recall the exact time

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 11:21 pm
This reminds me of another pretty dessert with easy ingredient. Buy two kinds of sorbet in contrasting colors and a box of sandwich ice cream. Half defrost one sorbet and spread on the bottom of a 9x13. Freeze. Line sandwich ice creams over the sorbet and spread the other sorbet over the ice cream. Looks beautiful when cut.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics