Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to lose weight and keep it off.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 8:50 am
Congratulations! I'm so so happy for you!! Wishing you much continued success in all your endeavors!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Wow Wow Wow! Congratulations!!!! May you use it to help many people achieve health and wellness!!!

Thank you! It makes me so happy to have learned so much including how to research so I can make sure that what I say is evidence based!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
Congratulations! I'm so so happy for you!! Wishing you much continued success in all your endeavors!

Thank you so much!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 8:24 pm
I hit the ones today. Goodness knows if it’ll stay that way but until now I’ve never hit the ones on the current journey. I guess anything is possible at this point!

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Jul 20 2021, 11:08 pm
Wow wow, I am so impressed!
I have tears in my eyes, though I don't know you at all.

Your journey has inspired me, like so many others.

I am working my way down from out of control eating, 210 pounds, probably diabetic but refuse to go to doctors --- to a completely different place.

You're pictures are beautiful , and I am so so impressed by your degree.

May you continue doing great things, in great health - until 120!

Imax5

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 4:20 am
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:

Pun intended? 😜

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:46 am
Imax5 wrote:
Pun intended? 😜

Lol!!!!

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 21 2021, 5:47 am
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
Wow wow, I am so impressed!
I have tears in my eyes, though I don't know you at all.

Your journey has inspired me, like so many others.

I am working my way down from out of control eating, 210 pounds, probably diabetic but refuse to go to doctors --- to a completely different place.

You're pictures are beautiful , and I am so so impressed by your degree.

Thank you so much! You’re welcome to reach out to me for support. Also when you’re doing well it’s crazy how much I actually look forward to my dr appts!

Imax5

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 7:16 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Lol!!!!

So I totally meant it as a joke but I just realized I’m nearing 120 myself for the first time in a decade. 120 kilograms, that is, but it’s the number that would put my BMI under 40 so it’s very meaningful for me. (Well, nearing is a relative term - but I’m now 15 pounds away, whereas last August I was 95 pounds away, so it feels like a realistic possibility.)

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:09 pm
Imax5 wrote:
So I totally meant it as a joke but I just realized I’m nearing 120 myself for the first time in a decade. 120 kilograms, that is, but it’s the number that would put my BMI under 40 so it’s very meaningful for me. (Well, nearing is a relative term - but I’m now 15 pounds away, whereas last August I was 95 pounds away, so it feels like a realistic possibility.)

That’s amazing! Kol hakavod! I think that meaningful is anything that we feel it is. It’s interesting how many constructs there are. While I am happy to go down in weight, amd even bmi, ( which is seriously a construct- don’t get me started even in bmi)

Way more important to me than weight or bmi is feeling good and having recovered from the diabetes and being the energizer bunny, energy wise. Also that I’m maintaining this large loss and even slowly losing more! But still, a milestone is a milestone however we count it!

Staying the course is so important! Also you must be so tall if you’re 120 kg at 40 bmi. I’m 90 kg and 37! See what I mean about meaningful? If bmi was it, I’d just be disappointed!

Imax5

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:17 pm
andrea levy wrote:
That’s amazing! Kol hakavod! I think that meaningful is anything that we feel it is. It’s interesting how many constructs there are. While I am happy to go down in weight, amd even bmi, ( which is seriously a construct- don’t get me started even in bmi)

Way more important to me than weight or bmi is feeling good and having recovered from the diabetes and being the energizer bunny, energy wise. Also that I’m maintaining this large loss and even slowly losing more! But still, a milestone is a milestone however we count it!

Staying the course is so important! Also you must be so tall if you’re 120 kg at 40 bmi. I’m 90 kg and 37! See what I mean about meaningful? If bmi was it, I’d just be disappointed!

Yes, at that weight I’d be under 30!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:23 pm
Imax5 wrote:
Yes, at that weight I’d be under 30!

Gosh, how tall are you?!? I’m five one.

Imax5

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:32 pm
And totally agree that the numbers are pretty meaningless. Being able to fit comfortably in my car, not having to worry about breaking a chair, being able to comfortably take care of my bodily needs - infinitely more important than numbers. The number on the scale didn’t go down between January and March and that was totally fine with me as I was comfortable with where I was and happy to let my body consolidate and get used to the changes that had happened. Also happy to have started moving down again.

flmommy

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:39 pm
Andrea, if you are comfortable I would live to see updated photos when you can. I always like seeing how much you have changed and your smile.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:47 pm
flmommy wrote:
Andrea, if you are comfortable I would live to see updated photos when you can. I always like seeing how much you have changed and your smile.

Lol I was actually just working on that!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 8:50 pm
I don’t write or focus heavily on weightloss because most of the time it seems glacial. I used to be a compulsive overweight. It was my only goal. My starting weight was 315 and I’m five one. My goal was reversing my type two and eye damage, not losing weight, which I had lost hope about anyways.

Yesterday was my three year anniversary at work and this morning, I weighed in at 198.4.

When I realized that there was a milestone, I tried to look back in my records from my scale but apparently did not keep track before 2019.

I went into my pictures and found a pic from My first day of training July 21/18.

I think of my weightloss after the first ten months as insignificant but looking at this I realize that I’ve lost 41.6 pounds since 3 years ago this week.

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday who was frustrated with her scale progress. My overwhelming response is that if you keep doing it, it will happen! This is proof positive of that.

The scale is a tool. One tool. Time doesn’t matter when you feel good and you are doing this forever.

How do you view the scale?

3 years ago this week https://I.imgur.com/LAUyb0E.jpg

Today https://I.imgur.com/KqiWBWC.jpg

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:10 am
This morning, I am starting grade 11 Biology. I’m still not finished grade 12 English, which I’d hoped to be. I’ve been in online school since 2020, but this is the first time I’ll be in a classroom since the early nineties.

I was thinking about how I never thought I’d need a work/school bag again, or how I really never thought I’d be a student in a high school again.

The last time I was a student, I spent lots of time at the smoking door. That’s not going to be a thing lol.

I packed my mask, my iPad, my binder and a bottle of water, grabbed a cup of coffee plated with the dog, and went out the door. Cleared my car off, drove to school and discovered that I was a half hour early.

I’m sitting in my car now, having done the check in and wondering how I’m going to do in these courses. I’ve always been pretty scared of the sciences and while my grades in school were amazing last year, I think that this will be more memorization, which I’m definitely not a fan of.

I’m a practical learner.

Anyways, the pressure I have in taking these courses is that I need to get high enough grades to achieve higher than 90% over four courses- English, biology, chemistry and math. At the moment, my 80 from grade 12 math thirty plus years ago is standing, I have over 99% in English with one culminating and one final exam to go and these two courses. I should ask the mathematicians in my house what I need to get to meet my goals.

All this because about 9 months ago, my Doctor told me that I should be using my lived experience and desire to help people.

After deciding that I wasn’t really interested in Dietician school, and dejectedly realizing that my grades from both high school and university were not competitive, and that I didn’t have prerequisites for many things ( not to mention that even the classes I took in university were so out of date, each course had to be reviewed for credit,) I was stumped.

When my doctor told me that there was a registered practical nurse program that could be taken and then bridged into the BSCN, ( and he thinks I should aspire to nurse practitioner) I was interested. Again, none of my grades were good enough, I could not divorce myself from my transcripts by claiming long term adulthood and maturity.

I needed the two sciences which I’d never taken before and in a hugely ironic twist, the English, which I was advised to take at College level (you might remember as general level of you went to HS when I did.) so that the grade might be higher. Ironic because I have a BA in English Literature, but humbling because even my best grades are not sufficient for this purpose.

Its 9 minutes til the doors open and I realize that I might fail miserably at this whole thing. At the end of March, I might not have achieved my goals. I’m nervous to fail but in the other hand, last night, I read that perseverance is the continuing effort to overcome obstacles, and that strangely, we are more likely to persevere the harder things are. Even though if we do nothing, it’s less traumatic to fail.

I’ve done a number of difficult things in the past almost five years, so I guess this is just one more. Wish me luck!

Reality

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:22 am
Good luck! Going back to school is so so hard! You are inspiring me!!

ima22

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:24 am
Good luck Andrea! I enjoy your posts, you are an inspiration and proof that consistent hard work and dedication pay off. In all realms of life. Wishing you tremendous bracha in this endeavor!

Rubies

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 6:24 am
I believe in you!
Page 10 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise