Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Are you familiar with the Toms River frum population?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 9:25 am
Ive never been there, and I want to get acquainted.

Are there areas that are in higher demand than the other areas, like Flatbush has Midwood Manor, thats the Ocean Parkway area, between Ocean Parkway and Coney, and the 20s , those are the most desirable areas.

I know theres many different crowds in Toms River, can someone tell me who lives where, the Chassidish crowd, with Chassidish mini-Minyanim, and Litvish crowd, with Litvish mini-minyanim.

Is there a "bullseye" location anywhere in Toms River, thats considered the heart of frum Jewish Toms River?

tia

amother
Steel

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 10:04 am
Toms River is really large with many neighborhoods. You can walk for almost an hour and a half from one frum area to another.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 10:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ive never been there, and I want to get acquainted.

Are there areas that are in higher demand than the other areas, like Flatbush has Midwood Manor, thats the Ocean Parkway area, between Ocean Parkway and Coney, and the 20s , those are the most desirable areas.

tia

I don't know anything about Tom's River but I am curious about the geographic borders of "Midwood Manor". CIA and Ocean Parkway are a contained area and the last street before CIA is East 9th Street. How do you leap from there to the 20's?

Also which Avenues define the boundaries - Ave M to Ave H or something different?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 11:45 am
Amarante wrote:
I don't know anything about Tom's River but I am curious about the geographic borders of "Midwood Manor". CIA and Ocean Parkway are a contained area and the last street before CIA is East 9th Street. How do you leap from there to the 20's?

Also which Avenues define the boundaries - Ave M to Ave H or something different?

Not contained at all, just a name that people used to use to identify that area.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not contained at all, just a name that people used to use to identify that area.

But what is the area - presumably it has some kind of boundaries that are recognized. Just curious since you mention CIA and then the 20. Not trying to give you a cross examination but just interested in what is happening in my childhood neighborhood.

Is the area around Avenue H and Argyle considered to be part of it. My piano teacher lived on Avenue H and taught in what wouid have been the second floor apartment of her two family home. I used to walk there for my lesson.

nicole81

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 12:04 pm
Amarante wrote:
But what is the area - presumably it has some kind of boundaries that are recognized. Just curious since you mention CIA and then the 20. Not trying to give you a cross examination but just interested in what is happening in my childhood neighborhood.

Is the area around Avenue H and Argyle considered to be part of it. My piano teacher lived on Avenue H and taught in what wouid have been the second floor apartment of her two family home. I used to walk there for my lesson.

That would be park of Ditmas Park, which isn't necessarily desirable to most frum families (I'd like it though) but has grown in popularity with Brooklyn transplants who were priced out of park slope, bed stuy, Windsor terrace, etc.

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 12:10 pm
nicole81 wrote:
That would be park of Ditmas Park, which isn't necessarily desirable to most frum families (I'd like it though) but has grown in popularity with Brooklyn transplants who were priced out of park slope, bed stuy, Windsor terrace, etc.

Ditmas Park is gorgeous. The area that is closer to the city has the bigger homes. By Avenue H they are much more modest and I think it isn’t technically Ditmas Park - is it Kensington?

And it didn’t become frum which is interesting in terms of settlement patterns. My grandparents went to the Young Israeli in Avenue H and CIA so there was an infrastructure available. Isn’t Pomegranate there?

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 12:46 pm
There is no overall bulls eye location for frum TR. Toms River is huge and neighborhoods are very spread out. However, here might be a bulls eye location for the crowd/ housing / minyan you are looking for .

nicole81

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 1:16 pm
Amarante wrote:
Ditmas Park is gorgeous. The area that is closer to the city has the bigger homes. By Avenue H they are much more modest and I think it isn’t technically Ditmas Park - is it Kensington?

And it didn’t become frum which is interesting in terms of settlement patterns. My grandparents went to the Young Israeli in Avenue H and CIA so there was an infrastructure available. Isn’t Pomegranate there?

I think Ditmas Park starts at H (that's the "poor" side of the hood 🤣) One of my closest friends growing up lived in the lone Ditmas Park apartment building on E. 17th off of J; we used to walk a block down and dream... I always saw Kensington as starting at CIA, moving westward. The blocks alongside CIA H and northward have attracted Pakistani families.

Pomegranate is on L and coney, but driving and parking in Brooklyn can be miserable, so I can see paying more to be within a shorter walking distance if one can afford it, or if affordability is an issue, since you're not in the thick of it all, just paying less all together and moving to the 30s and later Marine Park.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 8:35 am
Funny how half of this post is about Brooklyn. I live off of North Maple. There’s a healthy mix of what seems to be JPF, Heimish, and Chassidish. Not so many yeshivish people though. Just my impression.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:49 am
Is there one or a few areas where 60 y.o. Agudah types would feel comfortable?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is there one or a few areas where 60 y.o. Agudah types would feel comfortable?

I think north maple area. Also did you look into jackson? I know a few people like that in a few neighborhoods. Call a real estate agent they should be able to guide you and let you know which areas make the most sense for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries